The Rocket Woodstove Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Rocket Woodstove Forum

Woodstove development using rocketstove technology

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

GEK Gasifier free plans open source

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
T2H
Admin
T2H

gasifier - GEK Gasifier free plans open source Empty
PostSubject: GEK Gasifier free plans open source   gasifier - GEK Gasifier free plans open source EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 4:53 am

Hey guys if your interested in building a gassification system here is a great system that is not only open source but has great detailed plans and as well kits that you can buy to assemble yourself.

I plan on building one of these in the near future, I like the idea of using stainless steel parts that can be replaced as they burn out from use over time.

Here is a link to their site, check it out search out their pef's available and plans.

http://www.gekgasifier.com/
Back to top Go down
T2H
Admin
T2H

PostSubject: Re: GEK Gasifier free plans open source   gasifier - GEK Gasifier free plans open source EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 5:21 am

Version 4x

Here is a great step by step page, great photos and links to videos that show detailed step by step build of the GEK.

http://wiki.gekgasifier.com/w/page/52196806/GEK%20v4x%20Fabrication%20Instructions
Back to top Go down
T2H
Admin
T2H

PostSubject: Re: GEK Gasifier free plans open source   gasifier - GEK Gasifier free plans open source EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 5:28 am

Back to top Go down
tritowns

PostSubject: Re: GEK Gasifier free plans open source   gasifier - GEK Gasifier free plans open source EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 6:29 am

I do have some issues with their math... but i do believe they are just regurgitating (spelling) what is common in the industry. I've always used 1kw = 2 hp = 4lbs of wood/hour... it's much closer from what i've seen in actual observation... with more than one gasifier design.

Just my 2 cents. The gasifier experimenters kits is definitely one way to do things. I'm not an automation fan.... too many things to go wrong... strong believer in the KISS method.
Back to top Go down
maddmacc

maddmacc

PostSubject: Re: GEK Gasifier free plans open source   gasifier - GEK Gasifier free plans open source EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 7:04 am

worth the look.

I also run a 7200 w Gene, modified so it now runs on petrol ( Gasoline ), Propane and Natural gas ( house gas )
Uploaded a proof to YouTube around 9 months ago:

I only show it running on propane for that test but can assure al it works on all 3 fuels.
I show the light and heater working off the gene

**Warning *** its loud

Should be easy to add the gas from a " Gasifier " system
Back to top Go down
http://www.techyguru.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GEK Gasifier free plans open source   gasifier - GEK Gasifier free plans open source Empty

Back to top Go down

GEK Gasifier free plans open source
Page 1 of 1