The Rocket Woodstove Forum

Woodstove development using rocketstove technology

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Rocket stove forge

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
caotropheus
Subscribers
Subscribers

PostSubject: Rocket stove forge   Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:38 pm

One idea already referred here, trying to develop a rocket stove forge... :| 
Back to top Go down
T2H
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rocket stove forge   Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:02 am

Hey catorpheus, I was thinking today, instead of having the riser tube to straight up, why not figure a way to run it horizontal and create a firebox that will feed that in a different way than what is normally done.

I am wondering if one could run a tube horizontally firebox at the feed point, at the end of the horizontal tube leave it open on the end and set a chimney onto it at the very end still leaving the end open.

This should create drafting and allow a pot of coals at the end.

I will do a drawing up of what I am trying to describe.
Back to top Go down
ppotty1 Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rocket stove forge   Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:44 am

Trying2Hard wrote:
Hey catorpheus, I was thinking today, instead of having the riser tube to straight up, why not figure a way to run it horizontal and create a firebox that will feed that in a different way than what is normally done.

I am wondering if one could run a tube horizontally firebox at the feed point, at the end of the horizontal tube leave it open on the end and set a chimney onto it at the very end still leaving the end open.

This should create drafting and allow a pot of coals at the end.

I will do a drawing up of what I am trying to describe.

Im almost on the same page with my idea, mine calls for multiple inlets to a narrow oblong chamber, open at one end to feed the billet in. The flue 7" would be in the centre top of the chamber drawing the heat from both ends, im wondering if a small circular restriction plate say 3" in the base of the flue will keep some heat back.
Back to top Go down
http://woodstoves.forumotion.co.uk
T2H
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rocket stove forge   Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:16 pm

An idea I threw together.

Back to top Go down
gadily

PostSubject: Re: Rocket stove forge   Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:28 am

im aware of the brake drum forge

with the coal ontop its keeping the draft going upwards now ppotty,s idea of the hole at the bottom of the flue pipe may give the oxygen need to push the air upwards causing the heat from the rocket burner to strike hard at the coal with the rocket burner making it much hotter the add on via a low fan would make the coal much hotter

videos to illustrate that all is needed is paper coal and rush of air to create the forge its really down to more draft through the bottom or the side

another type using 55 gallon drum and railroad track for an anvil

railroad anvil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rocket stove forge   

Back to top Go down

Rocket stove forge
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1