The Rocket Woodstove Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Rocket Woodstove Forum

Woodstove development using rocketstove technology

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

sheet steel thickness chart gauge/inch/metric

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
gadily

steel - sheet steel thickness chart gauge/inch/metric Empty
PostSubject: sheet steel thickness chart gauge/inch/metric   steel - sheet steel thickness chart gauge/inch/metric EmptySat Dec 21, 2013 9:17 am

as we all come from different areas i thought best to find a chart that we all could use for all countrys

the thickness chart uses gauge no / inches / metric for steel and other metals

http://www.zygology.com/productcart/pc/Sheet-Steel-Gauge-Conversion-Chart.html
Back to top Go down
caotropheus
Subscribers
Subscribers

PostSubject: Re: sheet steel thickness chart gauge/inch/metric   steel - sheet steel thickness chart gauge/inch/metric EmptySat Dec 21, 2013 3:18 pm

Thank you very much, this is very valuable information. All the world uses the metric system, except for the USA, of course... :roll: 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Metrication_by_year_map.svg
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: sheet steel thickness chart gauge/inch/metric   steel - sheet steel thickness chart gauge/inch/metric EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 12:20 pm

Be Nice Caotropheus, We are still hung up on which came first, the egg or chicken!  :lol!: From the looks of things I already have to press one for English, so your metric system should be right after my Spanish lesson !  :affraid:
Back to top Go down
Caledonian

PostSubject: Re: sheet steel thickness chart gauge/inch/metric   steel - sheet steel thickness chart gauge/inch/metric EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 1:52 am

What thickness of stainless is everyone using for the build? I've got steel to make my first one but thought I could keep an eye open for any stainless going free on my travels  Very Happy I just know there'll be a second,

Jack
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: sheet steel thickness chart gauge/inch/metric   steel - sheet steel thickness chart gauge/inch/metric EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 7:14 am

I found this very informational website on the making of Stainless steel with a video, if anyone is curious in knowing how SS is made? Very Happy 

http://www.outokumpu.com/en/stainless-steel/about-stainless/how-is-stainless-steel-made/Pages/default.aspx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: sheet steel thickness chart gauge/inch/metric   steel - sheet steel thickness chart gauge/inch/metric EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 7:26 am

Hello Jack, I gauge the thickness of my project materials, based on design and intended use. I prefer used iron over new because of price, sometime I will sleeve thin gauge steel tubing to compensate for the wrong size wall thickness. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Caledonian

PostSubject: Re: sheet steel thickness chart gauge/inch/metric   steel - sheet steel thickness chart gauge/inch/metric EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 11:52 pm

Hi DK

Thanks for the reply, ideally what thickness would you use in a stove for the burn tube and riser?
I'm asking because I can get my hands on some new but dented S/S exhaust pipe but it is only about 1.5 mm thick. I'm guessing that would be a bit on the thin side?

Jack
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: sheet steel thickness chart gauge/inch/metric   steel - sheet steel thickness chart gauge/inch/metric EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 12:42 am

Hello Jack, your 1.5mm = 1/16th  to me, yes I would go thicker and not use it for my final RS build. 1.5mm would work perfect for RS design test burns, until I could find the right size I was looking for.

Ideally ? I can't give you an honest answer, without first knowing more about your design and intended use.
Back to top Go down
Caledonian

PostSubject: Re: sheet steel thickness chart gauge/inch/metric   steel - sheet steel thickness chart gauge/inch/metric EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 1:37 am

Thanks DK,

It's really just for experimenting with at the moment, so I'll grab some next time I'm passing :)

Jack
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: sheet steel thickness chart gauge/inch/metric   steel - sheet steel thickness chart gauge/inch/metric EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 3:35 am

gadily wrote:
as we all come from different areas i thought best to find a chart that we all could use for all countrys

the thickness chart uses gauge no / inches / metric for steel and other metals

http://www.zygology.com/productcart/pc/Sheet-Steel-Gauge-Conversion-Chart.html

Here is another conversion table chart I like to use. Very Happy 

http://www.bohleamerica.com/uploads/media/Millimeters_to_inches_Tabelle.pdf
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: sheet steel thickness chart gauge/inch/metric   steel - sheet steel thickness chart gauge/inch/metric Empty

Back to top Go down

sheet steel thickness chart gauge/inch/metric
Page 1 of 1