The Rocket Woodstove Forum

Woodstove development using rocketstove technology

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Automotive exhaust flanges , vband clamps , ceramic hi heat coatings and exhaust wrap

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
rocket booster

PostSubject: Automotive exhaust flanges , vband clamps , ceramic hi heat coatings and exhaust wrap   Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:20 pm

I designed my rocket heater to be modular so I could make changes to it on the fly . On my stove I have a 3" stainless heat riser welded to the center of a fabricated flange made to fit a 4 bolt 3 1/2" exhaust flange so the stove and heat riser can be coated with reflective ceramic hi heat coating for insulation and the heat exchanger tank could be coated with a heat dispersing ceramic coating . By using a 3 1/2" flange on top and a 3" flange on the bottom I am able to fit the heat exchanger tank over the heat riser after it is wrapped with exhaust wrap .
http://www.spdexhaust.com/VBK_B.html
" />
" />
Back to top Go down
T2H
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Automotive exhaust flanges , vband clamps , ceramic hi heat coatings and exhaust wrap   Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:31 pm

Hey rocket what did you use for a gasket in between the flange?
Back to top Go down
rocket booster

PostSubject: Re: Automotive exhaust flanges , vband clamps , ceramic hi heat coatings and exhaust wrap   Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:35 pm

Not yet it has been off and on a bunch and did not want to wast the money till it is coated and it seals very well with the 4 bolts alone . It's off a 01 Chevy duramax diesel truck so I can get one at pep-boys after it is coated .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Automotive exhaust flanges , vband clamps , ceramic hi heat coatings and exhaust wrap   

Back to top Go down

Automotive exhaust flanges , vband clamps , ceramic hi heat coatings and exhaust wrap
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1