The Rocket Woodstove Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Rocket Woodstove Forum

Woodstove development using rocketstove technology

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dual feedbox rocket stove/grill

Go down 
+4
woodrascal
ppotty1 Admin
T2H
Approtechie
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Approtechie

stove - Dual feedbox rocket stove/grill Empty
PostSubject: Dual feedbox rocket stove/grill   stove - Dual feedbox rocket stove/grill EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 9:39 am

Back to top Go down
T2H
Admin
T2H

PostSubject: Re: Dual feedbox rocket stove/grill   stove - Dual feedbox rocket stove/grill EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 2:46 pm

Thanks for posting this, I really enjoyed seeing this stove in action.
Nicely done!
Back to top Go down
ppotty1 Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dual feedbox rocket stove/grill   stove - Dual feedbox rocket stove/grill EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 5:56 am

Thats a real neat design, love the big hotplate and the duel fuel chamber.
Back to top Go down
https://woodstoves.forumotion.co.uk
woodrascal

PostSubject: Re: Dual feedbox rocket stove/grill   stove - Dual feedbox rocket stove/grill EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 12:26 am

What a great piece of work!

Is the grill top surface Stainless Steel? Can you still use the stove with both the air dampers totally closed?

Thanks for posting Very Happy
Back to top Go down
rocket booster

PostSubject: Re: Dual feedbox rocket stove/grill   stove - Dual feedbox rocket stove/grill EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 12:10 pm

I seen this stove on you-tube super cool !
Back to top Go down
Bezman

Bezman

PostSubject: Re: Dual feedbox rocket stove/grill   stove - Dual feedbox rocket stove/grill EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 12:29 am

Wow, I have only just seen this stove  :affraid: - how good is this.................clearly there are some very talented people out there! Great design, thanks for sharing.

Bezman
Back to top Go down
Approtechie

PostSubject: Re: Dual feedbox rocket stove/grill   stove - Dual feedbox rocket stove/grill EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 3:34 am

woodrascal wrote:
What a great piece of work!

Is the grill top surface Stainless Steel? Can you still use the stove with both the air dampers totally closed?

Thanks for posting Very Happy

Hi! The top surface is just steel, part of a 14" I-beam with upper sides cut off. And yes, since there is still a bit of air that comes in from around the ash box the stove still works completely closed, and simmers quite nicely. I'm still planning to put air controls on the sides of the boxes, or alternatively on the right side of the combustion chamber to better control the heat. The ladies are also asking for a flue control so I'll likely also put that on. The other addition they want is a grease channel around the grill to direct any runoff into a grease can. They want to be able to grill directly on the surface.
Back to top Go down
gadily

PostSubject: Re: Dual feedbox rocket stove/grill   stove - Dual feedbox rocket stove/grill EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 3:16 am

but ive seen this from here

http://www.permacultureeden.com/2014/06/new-rocket-stove/

as im just starting my hotplate cooker build im now looking at this model and other versions to combine a mix of all into one

https://woodstoves.forumotion.co.uk/t360-first-cooker-build#3471
Back to top Go down
Approtechie

PostSubject: Re: Dual feedbox rocket stove/grill   stove - Dual feedbox rocket stove/grill EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 4:04 am

gadily wrote:
but ive seen this from here

http://www.permacultureeden.com/2014/06/new-rocket-stove/

as im just starting my hotplate cooker build im now looking at this model and other versions to combine a mix of all into one

https://woodstoves.forumotion.co.uk/t360-first-cooker-build#3471

Wow! I'd never seen that first stove before - many similarities. I like the removable top grill plate, but I wonder if the hoppers are large enough to accommodate enough fuel to not be constantly tending it. My updated design now has two air controls, a flue control, and a pellet insert. I'll try and post it.
Back to top Go down
Approtechie

PostSubject: Re: Dual feedbox rocket stove/grill   stove - Dual feedbox rocket stove/grill EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 4:08 am

This is my updated stove. The pellet insert is working really well and is pretty popular with the ladies since it allows 30-40 minutes of burn time without needing tending. With the large oven on top it also allows them to bake.
Let me know what you think.
Back to top Go down
gadily

PostSubject: Re: Dual feedbox rocket stove/grill   stove - Dual feedbox rocket stove/grill EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 8:34 am

i just came across it post date this yeah and remembered your post here and on youtube as i understand it you make it clear and link to the original designer of the thing as well

i caught your new vid above but was coming back for a view of it later as i was starting my build off today got as far as whats shown as a grinder, hammer, vice and a piece of steel come in handy to shape up the sides and cut out the hole in center

i also admit i like the idea of removeable top plate as well and noted the drop down at back for the flue

though has me wondering which one is hottest and which one cooks better but admit the removeable top can be used inside as well i noted from your youtube comments that it might not be a good thing for lid to be taken off inside of house as may fill up with smoke while cooking

can i ask you about the insides from the drawings ive done as unsure which one to choose from but i like that one as well as simple on the inside though i am going up to the cooker build of it decided to get on with the hob top plate as this is the main thing after burner then its down to central heating system after hod plate
Back to top Go down
gadily

PostSubject: Re: Dual feedbox rocket stove/grill   stove - Dual feedbox rocket stove/grill EmptySun May 31, 2015 9:44 am

Back to top Go down
CVI04

PostSubject: Re: Dual feedbox rocket stove/grill   stove - Dual feedbox rocket stove/grill EmptyMon Jun 01, 2015 11:36 am

Nice cook stove design! I might need to build one of these. Thanks for sharing Approtechie!
Back to top Go down
gadily

PostSubject: Re: Dual feedbox rocket stove/grill   stove - Dual feedbox rocket stove/grill EmptyWed Jul 29, 2015 8:55 am

im unsure which way to finish this off via Approtechie

or the one which i posted up with no top circle plate removed from it but i can try both systems with one build

from the link above

stove - Dual feedbox rocket stove/grill Blogma10

ive gone with the drop down chimney at the moment also has the top plate that can be removed to show whats in the above picture

im 3/4 finished on the build, im also looking at putting in a built in pellet burner as well
rough idea on pellet usage 10hrs to 33hrs via another system

im also considering using a preheated primary air or secondary air but havent decided on the best approach as of yet the latter been the easiest to implement

also due to its bulky size i was considering using the folding technique so it can be folded up and put away small size as 25" x 15" ( cooking area 23"x 13" ) is awkward to put away unless you have alot of storage room even folded it would take space of 8" x 15" including safety bar
as i already have a 2' x 4' barbeque on wheels
Back to top Go down
gadily

PostSubject: Re: Dual feedbox rocket stove/grill   stove - Dual feedbox rocket stove/grill EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 6:20 am

pre build pics

stove - Dual feedbox rocket stove/grill 20150810

stove - Dual feedbox rocket stove/grill 20150811

i have no box section so I made my own up the box size is 4 1/2" x 5mm the burn chamber is 4 1/2" x 5mm ive then reduced down to 3mm only the burn chamber where the fire is done in 5mm

stove - Dual feedbox rocket stove/grill 20150812

ive also included a pellet burner within the build but i havent included it within the pics yet
Back to top Go down
gadily

PostSubject: Re: Dual feedbox rocket stove/grill   stove - Dual feedbox rocket stove/grill EmptySat Dec 12, 2015 2:38 am

heres a smaller design to this build

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dual feedbox rocket stove/grill   stove - Dual feedbox rocket stove/grill Empty

Back to top Go down

Dual feedbox rocket stove/grill
Page 1 of 1