The Rocket Woodstove Forum

Woodstove development using rocketstove technology

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Separate parts of the mass heater

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
walkingwithamountain

PostSubject: Re: Separate parts of the mass heater   Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:41 am

another idea is seperate parts of the mass heater that can be fabricated to fit other parts for example the burntube and riser could be outside the barrel and if it breaks down could be replaced without removing the barrel as this is the most vulnerable part due to the intense heat
Back to top Go down
caotropheus
Subscribers
Subscribers

PostSubject: Separate parts of the mass heater   Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:17 pm

walkingwithamountain wrote:
what about designing a horizontal feed tube to a rocket mass heater that would be filled with pellets or wood that would last a long time and would be easily removed and replaced with a preloaded tube to stop the constant feeding process like peska's designs

In mini rocket stove heaters, trying2hard and I achieved this goal with wood with chimney dumper, a door at the stove feed opening and primary air control...
Back to top Go down
SlowMo

PostSubject: Re: Separate parts of the mass heater   Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:06 am

Hi All,

Yes I like the direction of this thread and is line with what I was thinking about for a stove.  I want to build a rather large stove for heating air and water, as well as a back-up cooking device etc.  Having custom built allot of other things I have learned you just can't see everything out to the  completion of the project.  There will always be modifications for optimization, repair, cleaning etc that only become evident when you are at that place.

That said I wish to build a stove with a primary burn chamber which could be swapped out easily allowing for multiple configurations to burn wood, pellets or whatever.  Instead of developing a chamber that burns all of these various materials less well, I would like to have discrete modules that would perform each burn function very well.

Here is a link where Rom1mb separated the burn chamber from the riser due to weight restrictions which is a good reason for larger stoves but now he has the flexibility to try other burn chamber configurations without having to re-fab to the riser each time.

I would also want to split the riser to pull it apart in 2 pieces, top and bottom.  So I could more easily experiment with water coils/jackets for heating water, other fluids or even air.
Here are 2 video by engineer775 and Rom1nb where a coil is integrated into the riser.

After I clean up my drawings of my idea I will post them for comments and feedback.
Back to top Go down
firemandr

PostSubject: Re: Separate parts of the mass heater   Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:27 pm

That's been my plan all along. I'm in the process of building another rocket stove, using refractory mortar and Perlite for the burn chamber/riser. The plan is to build it square instead of round like my existing rocket stove. I also want my pellet feed hopper and pellet burner to be bolted to the stove, so I can also be able to bolt on a batch box to burn cord wood if the need should arise. I currently burn red oak cord wood in my wood furnace and although I plan to use pellets for my primary heat source, I will always have cord wood available, so I may as well have that option also.

I'd like to build the batch box with the primary air introduced into the bottom, front of the stove and feed the wood in from the top. That way only the wood in the bottom of the box will be burning, feeding the burn chamber and riser. The Sedore stove (do a google search)works like this and the wood lasts a lot longer (12-14 hour burn times) and it's very efficient. My secondary air will be pre-heated and introduced into the beginning of the riser, which seems to work very well in my present stove. That's the plan so far and only time will tell how well it works. I think I'm on the right path so far.
Back to top Go down
gadily

PostSubject: Re: Separate parts of the mass heater   Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:25 am

same idea using rocket burner tech

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Separate parts of the mass heater   

Back to top Go down

Separate parts of the mass heater
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1