The Rocket Woodstove Forum

Woodstove development using rocketstove technology

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Multi purpose

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
chaosgarden

PostSubject: Multi purpose   Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:42 am

Dear Pekka
I think this is a great idea. What about just the kind of stove you are thinking about in your topic "Different needs in different climates"?
A stove that can be used for cooking and for mass heating (with or without the possibility of making also hot water).
It could also be a stove made of different elements which can be put together according to the circumstances. I always like the idea of a multi purpose item which can satisfy different needs.
If you would like to cook in your stove during a warmer period it would be great to have the possibility to just heat the cooktop and lead the still hot gases then through the boiler and then directly out of the chimney without also heating the mass heater part of the stove...

Dani
Back to top Go down
http://unserparadies.blogspot.ch/
alan m

PostSubject: Multipurpose   Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:58 am

im definetly up for that
Back to top Go down
T2H
Admin

PostSubject: mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm   Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:17 pm

chaosgarden wrote:
Dear Pekka
I think this is a great idea. What about just the kind of stove you are thinking about in your topic "Different needs in different climates"?
A stove that can be used for cooking and for mass heating (with or without the possibility of making also hot water).
It could also be a stove made of different elements which can be put together according to the circumstances. I always like the idea of a multi purpose item which can satisfy different needs.
If you would like to cook in your stove during a warmer period it would be great to have the possibility to just heat the cooktop and lead the still hot gases then through the boiler and then directly out of the chimney without also heating the mass heater part of the stove...

Dani
I am with you on this one chaosgaden, I have been kicking around the idea that you have expressed with my last two designs in mind.
I think Modular in design is the way to go.
Back to top Go down
brad j

PostSubject: Re: Multi purpose   Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:14 pm

I am glad I didn't read this before I built mine or I would still be collecting parts and designing. Mine has a cook top for pots and pans, a griddle for frying, and a small oven. It also has 2 heat exchangers, which in the house are unnecessary (in my barn a necessity). My power went out last night and I had the stove in the house for testing, and to my surprise everything worked great. I used a car battery to watch dvds for 4 hours. It got me thinking about the need for water. Since my well is 110 that's easy enough with a generator or larger inverter, but hot water would be nice. Next year I might get to work on a removable water heater. It would be pretty easy to turn a gas hot water heater into a rocket water heater. I'll wait and see what you guys come up with and be right behind.
Back to top Go down
caotropheus
Subscribers
Subscribers

PostSubject: Re: Multi purpose   Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:32 pm

Do you have pictures or videos of your multi-purpose stove?
Back to top Go down
brad j

PostSubject: Re: Multi purpose   Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:59 am

Not yet but I am going to post them as soon as I can.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Multi purpose   

Back to top Go down

Multi purpose
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1