The Rocket Woodstove Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Rocket Woodstove Forum

Woodstove development using rocketstove technology

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Show us your gas stove.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ppotty1 Admin
Admin

stove - Show us your gas stove. Empty
PostSubject: Show us your gas stove.   stove - Show us your gas stove. EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 6:15 am

We would love to see what work is being done on these so please guys feel free to show us what you are working on.                                                                                                             Cool 
Back to top Go down
https://woodstoves.forumotion.co.uk
Hitchhiker

PostSubject: Re: Show us your gas stove.   stove - Show us your gas stove. EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 5:18 am

Baby Step 1

Winter beat me to lighting my first little gasifier.   😢 Waiting til Spring.   Very Happy 

Last edited by Hitchhiker on Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
T2H
Admin
T2H

PostSubject: Re: Show us your gas stove.   stove - Show us your gas stove. EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 12:13 pm

When you light it, just say burn baby burn!
Back to top Go down
Hitchhiker

PostSubject: Re: Show us your gas stove.   stove - Show us your gas stove. EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 12:15 pm

Fixed it up a bit.  It is still ugly but worked great!  I am hooked.

Last edited by Hitchhiker on Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
T2H
Admin
T2H

PostSubject: Re: Show us your gas stove.   stove - Show us your gas stove. EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 12:29 pm

When you put your holes in the bottom, did you try putting them in at a right angle so they would direct the air into a vortex?
Looking good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Show us your gas stove.   stove - Show us your gas stove. EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 1:46 pm

What type of Gas, butane, propane,methane ? Sorry, Had to ask. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Hitchhiker

PostSubject: Re: Show us your gas stove.   stove - Show us your gas stove. EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 2:38 pm

Trying2Hard wrote:
When you put your holes in the bottom, did you try putting them in at a right angle so they would direct the air into a vortex?
Looking good.

No, but I will take that into consideration. The tin is very thin so I don't know how skilled I could be a that unless it was a thick metal. I used large bulk food cans to build the stove.
Back to top Go down
Hitchhiker

PostSubject: Re: Show us your gas stove.   stove - Show us your gas stove. EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 2:41 pm

dkwelder wrote:
What type of Gas, butane, propane,methane ? Sorry, Had to ask. Very Happy

It is a wood gasifier stove.  Similar to the stoves used for camp cooking.  Here is the youtube video where I got the idea.  

Maybe I posted this in the wrong forum?  Not sure.  

I want to build more of these in the future and possibly combine certain aspects of the rocket stove with the gasifier.
Back to top Go down
caotropheus
Subscribers
Subscribers

PostSubject: Re: Show us your gas stove.   stove - Show us your gas stove. EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 2:51 pm

Hitchhiker wrote:
I want to build more of these in the future and possibly combine certain aspects of the rocket stove with the gasifier.

That is why we started using secondary air in our rocket stoves.
Back to top Go down
tritowns

PostSubject: Re: Show us your gas stove.   stove - Show us your gas stove. EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 2:18 am

i've built a few of the gasifing small stoves... they do work pretty good. if i can find some of the pics i've taken of them burning i'll post them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Show us your gas stove.   stove - Show us your gas stove. EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 3:53 am

Hitchhiker,

Thanks for the great video clip on explaining your little gasifier camp stove. When I first seen the large can of Bush's Bean, then read Empty and save for later. I thought this ought to be good, someone figured out a way to get a 2nd burn off the beans !  :P
Back to top Go down
tritowns

PostSubject: Re: Show us your gas stove.   stove - Show us your gas stove. EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 3:06 am

stove - Show us your gas stove. PIC_4012_zps1a445227

one of many little stoves my son and I have put together for fun... good way to learn some basics of gasification
Back to top Go down
Hitchhiker

PostSubject: Re: Show us your gas stove.   stove - Show us your gas stove. EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 6:25 am

Yes, they are becoming really popular as camp stoves. Can't wait to see the other rocket gasifier hybrids.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Show us your gas stove.   stove - Show us your gas stove. Empty

Back to top Go down

Show us your gas stove.
Page 1 of 1