The Rocket Woodstove Forum

Woodstove development using rocketstove technology

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Neat Little Heater Design

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Neat Little Heater Design   Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:58 pm

Back to top Go down
gadily

PostSubject: Re: Neat Little Heater Design   Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:52 am

this has been tried and tested as also been amped up too last much longer

http://unemploymentmovement.com/forum/survival/7247-heating-a-room-for-8p-a-day?start=14

look for oneman post

I have been trying this out for the last few weeks and have tweaked it for best results. My living/dinning room is 8 x 3.7 meters with a divide in the middle with 2 sliding doors. the height of the room is 2.8 meters.

First off. The tea lights from Ikea are now £1.75 for 100 and i do not have a store nearby so got 100 for £2 from wilko. (they weigh 1 kg)

I find the optimum amount for heat is 5 tea lights. but they only last 3.5 hrs so i am using 5 tea lights and one pillar candle 200 x 20mm (i had a box already) melted into a tobacco tin (see photo) the last one lasted 14 hrs. (normally last about 9-12hrs depending on mix of wax)

Cut the pillar candle in two, length ways and remove the wick (keep it) then put the tin on top of the pot heater to melt the wax. Leave to cool for a bit Remove the 5 tea lights from the containers and add them to the tin, You will find that the last tea light will not fit in the tin so will have to cut it in half. (put the extra wax in the tin as well.) You will see the lay out in the photo. The tea lights will sink to the bottom and leave just enough wick to light.

however theres a thing as long as room is air tight and has insulation it does work but if no wall insulation theres only 2/3 degrees difference
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Neat Little Heater Design   Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:27 am

gadily, That was an interesting Forum, I did take a quick look over it and found this quote to be interesting.

[I am very happy with the results so far apart from the burnt table :oops:and the price of wax. I will keep looking for cheaper fuel methods but i think the soot will then become a major problem.]

Maybe I missed the part on the Carbon Monoxide that is also being given off from the candles burning? Maybe if a person was going to relay on this as a primary source of heat, one might consider the wise investment of a carbon monoxide detector in the equation. Idea
Back to top Go down
gadily

PostSubject: Re: Neat Little Heater Design   Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:59 am

i thought it was possible using a candle burner rocket stove and it is however i do like to know its power output in heat from the system as gives users a better choice on there build

heres the temp without

ive seen another one

Back to top Go down
gadily

PostSubject: Re: Neat Little Heater Design   Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:15 am

heres a change to it just found candle mass heater

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Neat Little Heater Design   

Back to top Go down

Neat Little Heater Design
View previous topic View next topic Back to top