The Rocket Woodstove Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Rocket Woodstove Forum

Woodstove development using rocketstove technology

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Turning sawdust into syngas

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
T2H
Admin
T2H

sawdust - Turning sawdust into syngas Empty
PostSubject: Turning sawdust into syngas   sawdust - Turning sawdust into syngas EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 5:41 pm

This thing is crazy.
Notice the massive vortex they are using.

I also found this, from the way it sounds it seems to me they are using the same technique but using pellets.
Back to top Go down
T2H
Admin
T2H

PostSubject: Re: Turning sawdust into syngas   sawdust - Turning sawdust into syngas EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 5:53 pm

This is pretty impressive, well at least it look cool!
Back to top Go down
gadily

PostSubject: Re: Turning sawdust into syngas   sawdust - Turning sawdust into syngas EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 11:00 pm

i believe that last one is fed from a tank of gas as it drips into the base

heres a wood gas from the start to finish approach

downdraft gassifier

Back to top Go down
tritowns

PostSubject: Re: Turning sawdust into syngas   sawdust - Turning sawdust into syngas EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 3:38 am

GEK style reactor works pretty good... i wouldn't waste my time on a FEMA (read that as i have wasted my time trying to get one to make engine grade gas but made lots of tar)

there are easy to build units out there that will make engine grade gas on chips.... just have to look around to find them.
Back to top Go down
T2H
Admin
T2H

PostSubject: Re: Turning sawdust into syngas   sawdust - Turning sawdust into syngas EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 5:34 am

Joshua Berks succeeded quite nicely in putting together a small fema stove, he made some slight modifications and produces gas with no tar residue.

Back to top Go down
tritowns

PostSubject: Re: Turning sawdust into syngas   sawdust - Turning sawdust into syngas EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 1:49 am

I've no idea what he's done differntly than anyone else building a fema. what I do know from all the people that I talk to that have built fema units is that his results are not typical unless you are willing to sit there an hand feed it to maintain the proper level in the burn tube... forget about putting a large hopper on it and running for hours un attended. Just saying what I have observed.

that beeing said there are a group of people working on an open top gasser that are having good results but again, a very critical fuel feed level has to be maintained.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Turning sawdust into syngas   sawdust - Turning sawdust into syngas Empty

Back to top Go down

Turning sawdust into syngas
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Rocket Woodstove Forum :: Main :: Rocketstoves (ideas and research members only) :: wood gasification-
Jump to: