The Rocket Woodstove Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Rocket Woodstove Forum

Woodstove development using rocketstove technology

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A Suggestion

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Hitchhiker

A Suggestion Empty
PostSubject: A Suggestion   A Suggestion EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 6:05 am

Maybe there could be an easier way to find the forum? I have trouble finding it through general internet searches.
Back to top Go down

A Suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Suggestion   A Suggestion EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 7:48 am

I have raised that same question in the past with trying to find other web sites on the net, during a general search. It was explained to me it has a lot to do with how well the web site was designed and the registration of the Domain name, Not free.

I am sure others can do a much better job of explaining this in detail, then I just did. Web site designers get paid the big money to assure A persons website will rank high and get noticed first, when people surf the net.  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
gadily

A Suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Suggestion   A Suggestion EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 2:25 am

the site been known is down to google and other search engines the more clicks upon the site link the higher up the site goes

however sometimes with certain subjects this can put you at the top as google sees you as the number one dealing with that query
Back to top Go down
T2H
Admin
T2H

A Suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Suggestion   A Suggestion EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 4:25 am

Gadily is correct, over time as the site gains more traffic it will come up in the rankings for a search.

It will take at least a year, unless the site has explosive growth.

For now most of the hardcore rocket stovies would rather stay away.

I just watched a video last night by the permies gurus making fun of using fancy vortex and other ideas to obtain a more efficient burn.

I understand their position on building a stove from readily available materials, they discuss some of the problems and failures they encounter due to high heat, updraft tubes burning out as well other issues.

There was a short little smart quip that seemed to be directed right at what we are discussing.

They appear to really be stuck on one rigid form of the designs they produce and demonstrate.

Given that statement, it probably will take some time for a site like this with the ideas many are sharing to take traction with the internet community.

One must realize when a new thought challenges conventional wisdom and a way that things have always been done the normal reaction is outright resistance, even to the point of anger and violence.
It almost takes on a cult like nature.

I say this because history has shown us this.
The very first reaction to an established way of doing things is outright rejection and can move to anger and hostilities.

However if an idea is a good and proven one eventually it will take hold and gain traction and possibly even change the worlds view on rigid generally accepted concepts.
Back to top Go down

A Suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Suggestion   A Suggestion EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 6:09 am

Trying2Hard,

You say,"For now most of the hardcore rocket stovies would rather stay away."

I guess I don't understand what you meant by this? I don't do enough web searching, and other YT videos to understand why others may or may not like metal RS built stoves? I have only heard little chat from a few others as to the dislikes,I was just curious. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
gadily

A Suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Suggestion   A Suggestion EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 6:29 am

it means they are not up for discussing a better form of rocket stove also known as stuck in there ways

however tech has come a long way now there is different materials and different builds out there the main aim is to improve on a tried and tested model

tried and tested model is the old rocket stoves we are infact improving these models by a vortex, different insulation used, pushing the field of rocket stoves built into different ways different usages
Back to top Go down

A Suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Suggestion   A Suggestion EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 6:59 am

Thanks gadily!  Very Happy  I wasn't trying to start any big feud over asking, I just didn't really understand the negativity from others, over a metal built RS ?

I would think, any RS built that functions properly, The materials of which it was constructed from, would be a moot point ?  :sleep:
Back to top Go down
Hitchhiker

A Suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Suggestion   A Suggestion EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 7:36 pm

Trying2Hard wrote:

They appear to really be stuck on one rigid form of the designs they produce and demonstrate.

Exactly. There are only one or two designs that they all stick with. I personally find RMHs to be boring. Heck, you can't even get them to talk about other types of stoves. *crickets*
Back to top Go down

A Suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Suggestion   A Suggestion EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 8:51 pm

Hitchhiker wrote:
Trying2Hard wrote:

Exactly.  There are only one or two designs that they all stick with.  I personally find RMHs to be boring.  Heck, you can't even get them to talk about other types of stoves.  *crickets*

I would be interested in my next build to be a RMH, for the replacement of that wood eating MONSTER  What a Face that I am standing beside.

I have the MONSTER set-up in a little 8'x8' metal building sitting outside my shop, ducted with both hot and cold air return. I think this would be a great place to construct a Large RMH, with some type of hot water system incorporated into it.

I do like the heat retention storage capabilities of a RMH over that of a steel constructed RS. From what little I know about RMH design and build of them. All a person needs to do, is keep them fired during the daytime and the mass heat stored will carry through the night, unless I am missing something :?: 

Does anyone have any good links on RMH builds or know of any other good helpful info to pass my way. study I am fine with boring, if it's going to cut down on the amount of wood I have to stock pile for winter. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Hitchhiker

A Suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Suggestion   A Suggestion EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 10:10 pm

The best sites:  Permies.com, Donkey32.proboards (Peter Van Den Berg), and Dragonheaters.com (Another based on Peter Van Den Berg's rocket).  In my opinion the board that will be the most open to your designs and offer the best help will be donkey's.  There is a guy over there named Robert that is adding tripwires to his rocket.

I am sure others will chime in with their opinions.

Last edited by Hitchhiker on Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hitchhiker

A Suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Suggestion   A Suggestion EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 10:41 pm

I might as well throw this out there as well. For masonry, which is what they are drawing from, check out Kuznetsov Stoves. Also: http://www.mha-net.org/
Back to top Go down

A Suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Suggestion   A Suggestion EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 10:47 pm

Hitchhiker, Thanks for the great info !  Very Happy  When Time permits I will have to check them out, I have the room, so why not throw a RMH into the mix!  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Hitchhiker

A Suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Suggestion   A Suggestion EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 1:10 am

dkwelder wrote:
Hitchhiker, Thanks for the great info !  Very Happy  When Time permits I will have to check them out, I have the room, so why not throw a RMH into the mix!  Very Happy

Does this mean you will show me your boring stove?  ;) 
Back to top Go down

A Suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Suggestion   A Suggestion EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 3:55 am

Well Yeah, Silly Rabbit !  albino :P  I like seeing all the different creative designs and builds going on with the metal RS. The more I learn about RMH, the more I am starting to like the fire brick and refractory cement concept, for the overall heater longevity because of the constant higher temperatures.

SS is a nice option to have available for helping with the higher RS temps, build space permitting, :?: A person can purchase a whole lot of fire brick and cement for the price of a small piece of SS tubing. :affraid: RMH material cost and longevity are two of the factors that have me seriously looking!  :shock:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A Suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Suggestion   A Suggestion Empty

Back to top Go down

A Suggestion
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Rocket Woodstove Forum :: Main :: Lounge-
Jump to: