The Rocket Woodstove Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Rocket Woodstove Forum

Woodstove development using rocketstove technology

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Introduction (because "intro" isn't >10 characters!)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
davet

Introduction (because "intro" isn't >10 characters!) Empty
PostSubject: Introduction (because "intro" isn't >10 characters!)   Introduction (because "intro" isn't >10 characters!) EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 1:07 pm

First-
I'd like to thank you for hosting this forum and all of the great information within.

Second-
I don't like to post on forums unless I have some useful (or at least humorous) information to share.  I'm posting because I rec'd an email that my account would be deleted if I didn't post so... here I am!

Intro:
My first goal is to make a fairly basic heater for the garage with minimal to no exhaust leaks or reversion.  The next is to heat water for a number of uses.  Ultimately, I want to be able to burn wet cedar with no buildup as I have a fair supply of it.  

I have made a couple of small J tubes to play with but nothing exciting.
Back to top Go down
jameshookway

jameshookway

PostSubject: Re: Introduction (because "intro" isn't >10 characters!)   Introduction (because "intro" isn't >10 characters!) EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 8:14 pm

Welcome aboard. :)
Back to top Go down
T2H
Admin
T2H

PostSubject: Re: Introduction (because "intro" isn't >10 characters!)   Introduction (because "intro" isn't >10 characters!) EmptySat Mar 08, 2014 3:11 am

Glad to hear from you, cedar will defiantly provide a great deal of heat and smoke even when dried.

Back to top Go down
davet

PostSubject: Re: Introduction (because "intro" isn't >10 characters!)   Introduction (because "intro" isn't >10 characters!) EmptySat Mar 08, 2014 3:33 am

I'm very interested in the vortex/secondary air injection type burners. I have a few lifetimes worth of cedar and hope to be able to burn it safely.

I really like the DIY nature of the people on this forum. The action to talk ratio is very favorable, which is so unique and pleasant in this day and age! Sometimes trial and error can get you to places faster than pure theory can.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5wCfYujRdE
I particularly like the example starting at 9:00. The entire presentation is good though.

Back to top Go down
ppotty1 Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Introduction (because "intro" isn't >10 characters!)   Introduction (because "intro" isn't >10 characters!) EmptySat Mar 08, 2014 9:42 am

Hi Davet. Welcome in. Most if not all of the work I do is trial and error, it's how I like to work. I usually learn something from the mistakes too.
Back to top Go down
https://woodstoves.forumotion.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introduction (because "intro" isn't >10 characters!)   Introduction (because "intro" isn't >10 characters!) Empty

Back to top Go down

Introduction (because "intro" isn't >10 characters!)
Page 1 of 1