The Rocket Woodstove Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Rocket Woodstove Forum

Woodstove development using rocketstove technology

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hello from New Zealand!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
inkmotor

Hello from New Zealand! Empty
PostSubject: Hello from New Zealand!   Hello from New Zealand! EmptySat Apr 05, 2014 7:56 pm

Hello all,

I'm in the process of building my first rocket stove, inspired by Pekka Leskala's superb youtube channel. He has been enormously helpful and has taken time to consider my designs and I am very grateful. (Hi again Pekka, if you're reading!)

I'm in rented accommodation, but we have a traditional open fireplace in the living room. I have chosen to develop a stove which is suitable for the narrow slot at the back of the fireplace, and have designed a simple wide, flat-ish offset with a cross section of 60mm x 260 mm which approximates to the same cross-sectional area as a Ø150 mm flue pipe, which I already have, ready to install in my chimney.

In the image below it has 3 air intakes under the floor of the stove, but having consulted with Pekka, I understand that only the secondary air intake at the front of the stove under the feed chamber is necessary so I have now removed these from the design. I'm half way through building now, and will post pictures soon. I look forward to working with you stovies!

All the best

Matt

Hello from New Zealand! New_Stove_260x60_AIR_INTAKES01
Back to top Go down
gadily

PostSubject: Re: Hello from New Zealand!   Hello from New Zealand! EmptySat Apr 05, 2014 10:47 pm

hi and welcome to the site it all sounds very interesting to see this stove build

so when you can look forward to seeing the pictures being posted up on the site
Back to top Go down
2ndburn

2ndburn

PostSubject: Re: Hello from New Zealand!   Hello from New Zealand! EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 3:24 am

Hi Matt, Welcome to the forum.
Back to top Go down
caotropheus
Subscribers
Subscribers

PostSubject: Re: Hello from New Zealand!   Hello from New Zealand! EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 2:05 pm

Interesting design Matt. Could you please give more details on the dimensions and components of the stove? You have to show it working.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
inkmotor

PostSubject: Re: Hello from New Zealand!   Hello from New Zealand! EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 7:15 pm

caotropheus wrote:
Interesting design Matt. Could you please give more details on the dimensions and components of the stove? You have to show it working.

Thanks

Hi Caotropheus,

The overall dimensions of the stove are
260mm wide
300 mm high
410 mm long

The burn chambers all have the same cross-sectional area: 60mm x 260mm
There are four burn chambers, plus the feed chamber where you load the wood.
Between the 1st and 2nd burn chambers air is introduced via a secondary intake, a channel which runs beneath the floor of the feed from the outside.

I will post detailed pictures soon. By the way, when I look at my post I cannot see any image, though I posted an image URL. Is it visible to you?

Hasta pronto,

Matt
Back to top Go down
gadily

PostSubject: Re: Hello from New Zealand!   Hello from New Zealand! EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 9:12 pm

matt the site wont let you link any links until 7 days a re passed i think unless admin allow this to happen faster

however you can still post them if you know how just post the link but sepperate by spaces in the link post all members have to do is delete the spaces and hit enter

i understand its a pain as i had to wait those days myself, but id rather have it on the site as keeps spammers off it as all they do is join and post links then gone
Back to top Go down
caotropheus
Subscribers
Subscribers

PostSubject: Re: Hello from New Zealand!   Hello from New Zealand! EmptyMon Apr 07, 2014 1:35 pm

Matt,

Yes, I managed to copy the URL link and I managed to open it. Looking forward to see stove working.
Back to top Go down
David14324u

PostSubject: Re: Hello from New Zealand!   Hello from New Zealand! EmptySat Nov 01, 2014 6:30 am

Hi there. In new on here and I'm from nz too in Wellington. Did you finish the stove I'd love to know more about it looks like a good design. Thanks from david
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from New Zealand!   Hello from New Zealand! Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello from New Zealand!
Page 1 of 1