The Rocket Woodstove Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Rocket Woodstove Forum

Woodstove development using rocketstove technology

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wood gas 90 miles an hour

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
T2H
Admin
T2H

Wood gas 90 miles an hour Empty
PostSubject: Wood gas 90 miles an hour   Wood gas 90 miles an hour EmptyWed May 28, 2014 6:03 pm

Here is an article I found on a wood gasifier stuffed into the back of a Chevy El Camino

I guess Wayne Keith's land speed record has been beaten, they claim they can reach speeds of 90 miles an hour as well haul a load of wood that will enable them to drive 800 miles.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1377339/The-25-year-old-Chevrolet-given-eco-friendly-makeover-run-wood-chips.html

Back to top Go down
tritowns

PostSubject: Re: Wood gas 90 miles an hour   Wood gas 90 miles an hour EmptyThu May 29, 2014 12:32 pm

that is one of vesa's designed gasifiers... he offers a book as well... but it's very expensive and I believe you have to sign a non disclosure agreement before he'll send it to you.

Vesa has a big lincon that he pulls a trailer unit with.

Wayne has gotten speeding tickets with his wood gas trucks... I do believe the was triple digits at the time.

Thing with the salt flats... you have to wait in the staging area to warm up... so you sit there an idle... or alteast wayne did.. he was trying to make a beliveable presentation of wood gas. then it's just a timed mile run... so while his gassier was light, it was far from optimal... just sayin... :)
Back to top Go down
T2H
Admin
T2H

PostSubject: Re: Wood gas 90 miles an hour   Wood gas 90 miles an hour EmptyThu May 29, 2014 2:49 pm

Wow what a beautiful system he put together.
Thanks for sharing it tritowns.

My build will begin very soon.

Back to top Go down
tritowns

PostSubject: Re: Wood gas 90 miles an hour   Wood gas 90 miles an hour EmptyThu May 29, 2014 11:37 pm

feel free to message me if you have questions... lots to consider when building a system.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wood gas 90 miles an hour   Wood gas 90 miles an hour Empty

Back to top Go down

Wood gas 90 miles an hour
Page 1 of 1