The Rocket Woodstove Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Rocket Woodstove Forum

Woodstove development using rocketstove technology

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hello from Kansas

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
sird1973

Hello from Kansas Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Kansas   Hello from Kansas EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 8:34 pm

Hello all,

I was born, raised, and live in the land of Oz, SW part of Kansas. Been studying and watching vids on rocket stoves for a long time now. Currently i am a highschool dropout that is unemployed living on unemployment with about a month left on that. I grew up on the farm working my butt off when i was a kid. Have a wife and 3 kids. I have real bad A.D.D. so i jump topics alot. Reading is a real pain in the butt for me now days, seems like the A.D.D. is getting worse the older i get. Love the ideal of the forum but i am going to have a heck of a time reading it. Been getting all my parts together to build a rocket stove. I plan on using several of the ideals that i have watched you guys use. I have several ideals i am looking forward to talking with you all about. The goverment closed the buisness that i was working for, thats why i am unemployed at this time. Since i lack the proper papers it has always been hard to find jobs, but I pick up things real fast and i seem to have a lot more comman sinse then most people i meet. We live in my parents old farm house that they lost when i was a kid because the farm went bankrupt. When my wife and i was married we bought back the old farm house and have been living in it trying to fix it up. We heat the house with propane and since it is a large old balloon stick frame house it uses a ton of energy. Every winter the cost of propane just kills our budget. I have been looking into finding ways of getting off the grid but have yet to be able to afford it. As far as heating a house i have always thought solar evacuated tubes would be the best way to go but the upfrount costs makes that very hard. The next thing i think would be best is the rocket mass stove. Hmmm looks like im wrighting a book. I will stop here and add this stuff into the correct topic area.
Back to top Go down
T2H
Admin
T2H

Hello from Kansas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Kansas   Hello from Kansas EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 2:21 pm

Hey sird1973 welcome man, sorry to hear about your struggles, it seems these days many of us are facing the very same things just at different levels.

It has become important to me to develop efficient portable heating that would be reasonably priced and as well attainable by anyone.
Back to top Go down
brianchulo

Hello from Kansas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Kansas   Hello from Kansas EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 8:38 am

Welcome to the forum sird1973. You're in good hands here with some of these guys. If you can focus your energy in making one of these stoves you wont regret it. You'll get plenty of good advice here.
Back to top Go down
sird1973

Hello from Kansas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Kansas   Hello from Kansas EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 9:08 am

So far i've rounded up the outer shell and the inner liner. Still needing the riser and burn chamber. Thinking about casting them in one piece with refractory cement and using stainless steel for secondary air set into the side of the walls.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hello from Kansas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Kansas   Hello from Kansas Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello from Kansas
Page 1 of 1