The Rocket Woodstove Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Rocket Woodstove Forum

Woodstove development using rocketstove technology

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Gary's stove

Go down 
+2
maddmacc
T2H
6 posters
AuthorMessage
T2H
Admin
T2H

stove - Gary's stove Empty
PostSubject: Gary's stove   stove - Gary's stove EmptyMon Dec 01, 2014 2:29 pm

Hi everyone I originally posted this on youtube trying to get Gary some help in diagnosing smoke issues with his new build.
After he toyed around with the air controls he did get it dialed in and seems to be performing flawlessly now with no smoke issues.

I will be posting a follow up video on his build with some very cool detailed photos of his secondary air delivery system which is pretty impressive.
He took what ppotty1 did but added a very cool twist which I think was pretty brilliant.

It almost looks like he combined coatropheous way of injecting secondary air and combined it with ppotty1's design.

It seemed to work out very well for him, as well he built and added an incredible heat exchanger.

Back to top Go down
maddmacc

maddmacc

PostSubject: Re: Gary's stove   stove - Gary's stove EmptyWed Dec 03, 2014 6:00 am

So we are all aware what the Rocket stove is.
Now I see mention of the " Batch Rocket Stove ", can the experts give simple explanation please

Tks
Madd Macc
Back to top Go down
http://www.techyguru.com
T2H
Admin
T2H

PostSubject: Re: Gary's stove   stove - Gary's stove EmptyWed Dec 03, 2014 6:53 am

Batch stove just refers to being able to load a much larger batch of fuel.

Who knows who coined that phrase:>)

Here is an update video of it running and reaching temps of 1800 degrees F!

Back to top Go down
maddmacc

maddmacc

PostSubject: Re: Gary's stove   stove - Gary's stove EmptyWed Dec 03, 2014 6:55 am

Wow that is a beast, thanks t2h
Back to top Go down
http://www.techyguru.com
T2H
Admin
T2H

PostSubject: Re: Gary's stove   stove - Gary's stove EmptyWed Dec 03, 2014 7:04 am

He has it working so well and running at a constant thousand degrees F in the firebox with 800 degree up riser tube temps it is keeping his very large garage at a nice comfy 70-75 degrees F with one log!
Back to top Go down
T2H
Admin
T2H

PostSubject: Re: Gary's stove   stove - Gary's stove EmptyFri Dec 05, 2014 1:42 pm

If anyone wants to address questions to the builder, he is Gary B here on the forum.
Back to top Go down
gadily

PostSubject: Re: Gary's stove   stove - Gary's stove EmptySat Dec 06, 2014 11:01 am

thanks for posting it up and thanks gary b as well for bringing it up and showing the system
Back to top Go down
gadily

PostSubject: Re: Gary's stove   stove - Gary's stove EmptySat Dec 06, 2014 11:03 am

im posting this up so others can see from a glass point of view

also i think your incoming primary air could be superheated as well making your system even hotter
Back to top Go down
T2H
Admin
T2H

PostSubject: Re: Gary's stove   stove - Gary's stove EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 12:37 pm

Here is a video update on his stove showing detailed photos of his build.
Back to top Go down
gadily

PostSubject: Re: Gary's stove   stove - Gary's stove EmptyTue Dec 23, 2014 6:22 am

thanks for posting this up when you had the time i found it very interesting to see the build

thankyou gary for taking the time to show us your build of your new stove

i know im going to end up taking some time on studying of the build
Back to top Go down
Rebootag

PostSubject: Re: Gary's stove   stove - Gary's stove EmptyTue Dec 23, 2014 9:05 am

that is a really nice design! congrats on the fantastic design and implementation!

I wish I had a shop like that and my welder setup for stainless... sunny
Back to top Go down
https://farmacyseeds.net/
keepittoasty

keepittoasty

PostSubject: Re: Gary's stove   stove - Gary's stove EmptyTue Dec 23, 2014 1:57 pm

Now that's a lot to digest. Great Stove, great video, thanks guys!
Back to top Go down
billandlori

PostSubject: Re: Gary's stove   stove - Gary's stove EmptyWed Dec 24, 2014 3:45 pm

Wow, that is some very nice workmanship!! The welds are beautiful!!

Bill
Back to top Go down
keepittoasty

keepittoasty

PostSubject: Re: Gary's stove   stove - Gary's stove EmptySat Mar 14, 2015 5:54 am

Gary, B,

whats happnin with the stove these days???

I remember reading that it was too hot for your shop, but I' wondering if you have anything else to share since then.

I'm also wondering if you could drop a few gems about that heat exchanger. Maybe some construction details, how did you go about fabbing that? its like the mother of all fancy exchangers. Clearly mine will not look like that, but w all that surface area between the vertical pipes and corrugated exterior walls, its impressive. any hints, thoughts?

this stove got my attention and is really inspiring, I'd love to hear more.

Back to top Go down
T2H
Admin
T2H

PostSubject: Re: Gary's stove   stove - Gary's stove EmptySat Mar 14, 2015 1:26 pm

He did say he was going to build another stove, a much smaller one as the one he just finished is baking him out of his garage even in below zero weather he has to keep his windows open and would rather not have to.

The cool thing is with his new stove he cut his fuel use in half and is producing greater btu production!
Back to top Go down
keepittoasty

keepittoasty

PostSubject: Re: Gary's stove   stove - Gary's stove EmptySun Mar 15, 2015 7:01 am

exactly what I'm after!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gary's stove   stove - Gary's stove Empty

Back to top Go down

Gary's stove
Page 1 of 1