The Rocket Woodstove Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Rocket Woodstove Forum

Woodstove development using rocketstove technology

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Clay Pot Heaters

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Hitchhiker

Clay Pot Heaters Empty
PostSubject: Clay Pot Heaters   Clay Pot Heaters EmptyFri Dec 12, 2014 7:55 pm

There are bunch of these flower pot heaters on the net:

So I finally decided to get off my butt and try one:

This little heater actually isn't bad. A flower pot was a difficult find at Christmas. It took me about 2 days to find a 4.25 in clay pot. That is the only size I could find. The set up is basic. I only used a tea candle and that was enough to get the pot super hot. I am actually going to need to set it on another type of base next time.

I so love clay. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
twistedkarma

twistedkarma

Clay Pot Heaters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clay Pot Heaters   Clay Pot Heaters EmptyFri Dec 12, 2014 8:50 pm

my thoughts have been forming a clay chimnea for the deck once I get the pizza oven fired up.

And experimenting with other clay things. Looking into power mixer for the mixing part.

so, could one make a clay downdraft?
Back to top Go down
Hitchhiker

Clay Pot Heaters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clay Pot Heaters   Clay Pot Heaters EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 10:06 am

Hey!  I feel the same way about clay.  I want to keep experimenting.  You could build any type of stove with clay but keep in mind that clay will suck up all of the heat.  The absorbing of heat really slows down the effectiveness of the burn.  I discovered this a couple years ago when I built my first rocket stoves (out of clay brick).  Having a refractory core (I started using firebricks) helps.  Many pizza ovens are built with the same materials.  The other issue is cracking, especially outdoors, but there are ways to tackle the problem.
Back to top Go down
gadily

Clay Pot Heaters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clay Pot Heaters   Clay Pot Heaters EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 1:26 am

heres something to think about

Back to top Go down
Hitchhiker

Clay Pot Heaters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clay Pot Heaters   Clay Pot Heaters EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 3:35 am

That is a neat trick with the refractory brick. I will keep this in mind. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Clay Pot Heaters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clay Pot Heaters   Clay Pot Heaters Empty

Back to top Go down

Clay Pot Heaters
Page 1 of 1