The Rocket Woodstove Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Rocket Woodstove Forum

Woodstove development using rocketstove technology

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Trying new ways to heat my home

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
knute_gis

Trying new ways to heat my home Empty
PostSubject: Trying new ways to heat my home   Trying new ways to heat my home EmptyWed Dec 24, 2014 1:59 am

Hey guys. I seen a vid on YouTube and it mentioned your forum so thanks for the add.

I have a large log home with a lot of windows and doors in southern ohio. When we built the house we decided to go with a heat pump and electric furnace.

The electric bill was killing us so I decided to purchase a couple pellet stoves and heat with them. So far I have cut our electric bill by 60%!

I noticed the side of one of the pellet stoves was really hot. It was over 350 degrees so I decided to use a chevy truck heater core stuck to the side and ran water line to a container in the basement. Was able to get the water up to 155degrees.

So I installed a heat exchanger in the forced air but it sucked all of the heat out of the water and the recovery times are too slow. Then I installed pex in my basement garage just to experiment and I'm able to heat that space for free. When it's about 35 out it will keep that space at 63.

Now I'm having a heat exchanger made to go inside the pellet stove fire box to achieve better recovery times to try and heat the house.

The rocket stove looks like an efficient way to heat water also.

Thanks, Knute
Back to top Go down
caotropheus
Subscribers
Subscribers

PostSubject: Re: Trying new ways to heat my home   Trying new ways to heat my home EmptyWed Dec 24, 2014 5:40 am

Welcome to the forum. To avoid spam, there is a period of 7 days that new members cannot post pictures or videos. So, within a week, we hope we will see details of your projects...
Back to top Go down
ppotty1 Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Trying new ways to heat my home   Trying new ways to heat my home EmptyWed Dec 24, 2014 11:29 am

Hi Knute welcome to the forum.
Back to top Go down
https://woodstoves.forumotion.co.uk
knute_gis

PostSubject: Re: Trying new ways to heat my home   Trying new ways to heat my home EmptyWed Dec 24, 2014 12:23 pm

Thanks. I'll update in a couple weeks once I get the new heat exchanger and post some pics.

Trying to talk a couple friends into building a rocket stove!
Back to top Go down
T2H
Admin
T2H

PostSubject: Re: Trying new ways to heat my home   Trying new ways to heat my home EmptyWed Dec 24, 2014 5:37 pm

Welcome knute, sure would like to see your work do you have videos?
Back to top Go down
knute_gis

PostSubject: Re: Trying new ways to heat my home   Trying new ways to heat my home EmptyFri Dec 26, 2014 1:50 pm

No videos yet. I will get a couple once I get things setup a little better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trying new ways to heat my home   Trying new ways to heat my home Empty

Back to top Go down

Trying new ways to heat my home
Page 1 of 1