The Rocket Woodstove Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Rocket Woodstove Forum

Woodstove development using rocketstove technology

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I'd like to say Hello from Minnesota

Go down 
+3
ppotty1 Admin
T2H
gadily
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Lastcall

I'd like to say Hello from Minnesota Empty
PostSubject: I'd like to say Hello from Minnesota   I'd like to say Hello from Minnesota EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 3:22 am

My goal is to educate myself and others from the talents of the great people on this forum.

The path I'm looking at;
1. Heating a 1,200 sq/ft. shop
2. In floor water
3. Batch heater.

Regards,
Rich
Back to top Go down
gadily

PostSubject: Re: I'd like to say Hello from Minnesota   I'd like to say Hello from Minnesota EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 4:46 am

hi and welcome to the forum

sorry i dont know the heating of a place 1,200 sq ft but i can asure you that builds on here can heat a place up from around 20ft x 20ft by 10ft high another build on here can heat a place 40ft x 50ft x 10ft high

batch heater yes you will find here

in floor water heating yes but id also consider going down the water heater routs as you can warm alot more space this way
Back to top Go down
T2H
Admin
T2H

PostSubject: Re: I'd like to say Hello from Minnesota   I'd like to say Hello from Minnesota EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 3:18 pm

Welcome last call, you will want to look at Gary's batch rocket stove then.

His shop is as big or not bigger and keeps his shop in the eighties even in -20 F weather.

His shop as well is not insulated, he has to open the windows so it does not get too hot.
Back to top Go down
ppotty1 Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I'd like to say Hello from Minnesota   I'd like to say Hello from Minnesota EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 4:25 am

Hi Rich, shouldnt be a problem building a heater for that space.
Back to top Go down
https://woodstoves.forumotion.co.uk
Lizard

PostSubject: Re: I'd like to say Hello from Minnesota   I'd like to say Hello from Minnesota EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 5:47 am

Welcome to the group Lastcall
Back to top Go down
Gary B.

PostSubject: Re: I'd like to say Hello from Minnesota   I'd like to say Hello from Minnesota EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 1:46 am

Gary B here from central Minnesota. I have a batch box rocket stove burning daily heating my 2000 squ.ft shop. It puts out an incredible amount of heat for the amount of wood I am burning. I do not know much about rocket boilers but if you are interested in looking at my rocket stove let me know and we will try and set something up. I have had mine burning since late November and I am guessing I have had over 500 people here to see it burn. Mine is really to big as far as heat output for my needs. Most days I have a couple of windows open slightly or it is just to hot to work in here. The amount of wood I have burn't in two months is about a 1/2 cord. I am already planing to build a smaller version of this one so I can keep my windows closed. If anyone has a need for a high output rocket stove contact me as I will have this one available. I will be just asking for what I have in it in materials as I have had so much fun building and showing this stove.
Back to top Go down
Lastcall

PostSubject: Re: I'd like to say Hello from Minnesota   I'd like to say Hello from Minnesota EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 8:38 am

Gary B
I'm interested in meeting you and seeing your stove. I sent you a message with my info.
Thanks.
Back to top Go down
firemandr

PostSubject: Also from Minnesota here!   I'd like to say Hello from Minnesota EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 11:05 pm

I'm just outside of St. Cloud. I've been heating my shop off and on with my rocket stove, while still experimenting with the air intakes and burn basket for the pellet feed. So far pellets seem to be the answer and burn very well with very little ash and I run it around 700-750 degrees (it will go over 1000 degrees!) My first stove was just for experimenting with and now I'm confident in going ahead with building a larger model with all the bells and whistles (ie: glass in the door and adjustable primary and secondary air intakes)

I'm also going to take things one step further and build a batch box so I will be able to change from pellets to burning cord wood, if need be. I have access to all kinds of wood, so why not? I haven't seen anyone fabricate this idea so far, so it may be a first, I don't know. The pellet burner and batch box will be bolted onto the riser portion of the stove, so additional fabrications in the future will always be an option for me. My riser and forward burn chamber will be refractory cement/Perlite so it will last.
I may have to get out this spring and visit some of you other Minnesotans and see your projects also, can't hurt. DR
Back to top Go down
Lastcall

PostSubject: Re: I'd like to say Hello from Minnesota   I'd like to say Hello from Minnesota EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 1:26 am

firemandr,
That sounds like a good plan, I'm just south of St. Cloud. I'm planning on visiting Gary B. next week.
Lastcall
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'd like to say Hello from Minnesota   I'd like to say Hello from Minnesota Empty

Back to top Go down

I'd like to say Hello from Minnesota
Page 1 of 1