The Rocket Woodstove Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Rocket Woodstove Forum

Woodstove development using rocketstove technology

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Big thanks from the rockies!!!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
keepittoasty

keepittoasty

Big thanks from the rockies!!! Empty
PostSubject: Big thanks from the rockies!!!   Big thanks from the rockies!!! EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 6:26 am

Hey Guys, Ive been reading a lot here, posted a couple times, but mostly soaking this stuff up. Never have I stumbled upon such a friendly and supportive group on the net, Im truely greatful!

I live at 9,000 ft in the Sangre de Cristos, on the edge of nowhere. Im a single dad of three and we live in an old wood cabin, heat with an old 70's Vermont castings. It aint bad, bud It would be nice to increase my efficiency as Cuttin 5-6 cord a year is difficult due to the 1.5 hr drive to the beetle kill area.

ALso, Im a crazy gardener and always looking for ways to extend my growing season. Ive got a 400 sq ft greenhouse that I get closer with each year. Last season I upgraded from polyweave film to Solexx double wall and added a woodstove( a free, huge, extremely wasteful beast).

Well, I was running in there dropping huge amounts of wood 4x a day, the last load at 2 in the AM, just to keep things from freezing. I burned nearly 3 cord just to keep veggies from dying early. It was silly of me to harvest cut and split all that wood in order save a few plants. However, me n the kiddos find great joy in growing as much of our food as possible, so we are stuck trying to figure this out :)

This year I would like to build a rocket heater, possibly one with the ability to not only heat some air in the greenhouse, but to heat water that will warm my water mass storage barrels. I need efficiency and long sustained steady heat in there so I don't have to another fall season full of inadequate sleep. Obviously, a version of ppotty1's new workshop batch style and gary's incredible workshop stove is looking really appealing. I look forward to incorporating some of these concepts into something that will work in my greenhouse.

Im so glad to have found you guys!!!! PPotty1, Gadily, tryin2hard, garyb, and everyone else,you all are so inspiring and are giving me so many ideas!

Thank you so much!

Back to top Go down
gadily

PostSubject: Re: Big thanks from the rockies!!!   Big thanks from the rockies!!! EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 7:12 am

ive seen you posting a few times and getting involved with the discussions

3 cords id be spitting feathers at that loading and 3am for another load id be looking for another way to do it

as goes for ideas everyone is welcome to make them even better if you make improvements to the design of the system

the final thing is glad to be part of it myself
Back to top Go down
keepittoasty

keepittoasty

PostSubject: Re: Big thanks from the rockies!!!   Big thanks from the rockies!!! EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 7:28 am

You rock Gadily, Im still trying to read all your posts! Soooooo much great info, you really put a lot of time into this forum and its so appreciated, ive learned so much since finding this awesome forum, Ill have lots of questions after I get though all this info on here.

WAHOOOOOOOO!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Big thanks from the rockies!!!   Big thanks from the rockies!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Big thanks from the rockies!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Rocket Woodstove Forum :: General :: Introduce yourself-
Jump to: