The Rocket Woodstove Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Rocket Woodstove Forum

Woodstove development using rocketstove technology

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hello from Oklahoma

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
CVI04

Hello from Oklahoma Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Oklahoma   Hello from Oklahoma EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 9:04 am

Just joined the forum and wanted to introduce myself. My name is George and I have been playing around with rocket stoves for about a year. I built my first one last summer. I am currently modifying it to get more heat to disperse into the room.
Back to top Go down
gadily

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Oklahoma   Hello from Oklahoma EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 11:02 am

hi george and welcome to the forums

sounds an interesting build but for now your unable to upload any pics or vids however if your on utube or can type a link out someone can get the pics and post them up for you

out of curiosaty im wondering what improvements are you after with your build
Back to top Go down
CVI04

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Oklahoma   Hello from Oklahoma EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 2:05 pm

I had issues with the draught on start up. A hint I picked up from Kevin Bacon was that I needed a larger flew pipe and a taller riser pipe. I am adding heat tubes to the sides of the tank to hopefully create a circulation of heat in the room. I also am going to add a copper coil to have the ability to heat water and finally I want a flat top on the tank so I can cook on it.
Back to top Go down
CVI04

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Oklahoma   Hello from Oklahoma EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 1:48 am

I built my stove for our cook shack at our elk hunting camp. I got good temps out of it, 1000+ degrees F, but had a hard time starting it. I believe the rocket stove IS the most efficient wood burning stove out there. I have watched and gleamed information from PPotty1 and T2H. Great info from both. Thanks to everyone on this forum and the ones that have YouTube channels for sharing ideas. I'll post pics as soon as I can.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Oklahoma   Hello from Oklahoma Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello from Oklahoma
Page 1 of 1