The Rocket Woodstove Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Rocket Woodstove Forum

Woodstove development using rocketstove technology

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

need advice on posting videos to this site

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Gary B.

need advice on posting videos to this site Empty
PostSubject: need advice on posting videos to this site   need advice on posting videos to this site EmptyMon Sep 21, 2015 8:57 am

Gary B here. I just bought a new Iphone and I need to know how to get videos posted to this site. I am an old guy so please explain every little detail as I am tech challenged.

I have been building my second batch rocket heater and I thought maybe I would post a little teaser video. This new project has a cast riser, small batch burn box with a controlled super preheated combustion air system and a bunch of other bells and whistles. Some build facts, built out of mild steel, fire bricks, and a cast riser, many people asked me to come up with and affordable easy build stove so I have targeted this idea. I am building this stove with just my wire feed welder and an old school oxgen acetylene torch. I am still building parts but I can show quite a bit of details if I can just figure out how to get my video from my iphone to this rocket woodstove forum.  

Thank you in advance.   Gary
Back to top Go down
gadily

PostSubject: Re: need advice on posting videos to this site   need advice on posting videos to this site EmptyMon Sep 21, 2015 11:17 am

you cant from your mobile phone you need to send the file to your computer then upload it onto a youtube or dailymotion account the other one that you can use is a dropbox account that has explorer able to play video files

best to have 2 tabs going at same with time your explorer of the net gary

just hover over the below link and press right click where it says open in new tab press left click

this opens a new tab within your browser then you can click between the pages as you read

https://woodstoves.forumotion.co.uk/t566-posting-pics-and-youtube-videos-on-site

for dailymotion videos you need to post first then goto edit and then you can post your link like you would with a youtube video
Back to top Go down
Gary B.

PostSubject: got it.   need advice on posting videos to this site EmptyMon Sep 21, 2015 12:43 pm

I will see what I can do. I may use your info with help of a younger friend.
Back to top Go down
T2H
Admin
T2H

PostSubject: Re: need advice on posting videos to this site   need advice on posting videos to this site EmptyTue Sep 22, 2015 11:06 pm

Using youtube will be the easiest Gary, then you can provide links and you will have your own channel for folks to follow your work.
Back to top Go down
Gary B.

PostSubject: Re: need advice on posting videos to this site   need advice on posting videos to this site EmptyTue Sep 22, 2015 11:55 pm

Dale that is what I will do. I talked to a guy who says he can help me this weekend. Right now I am building all of the parts. I should be done with this stage shortly. Even though I was a Tool & Die Maker by trade I really enjoy the welding stage of a stove build.
Back to top Go down
T2H
Admin
T2H

PostSubject: Re: need advice on posting videos to this site   need advice on posting videos to this site EmptySat Sep 26, 2015 6:25 am

Good deal, let us know when you get your channel up so we can sub.
Back to top Go down
Bluff

PostSubject: Re: need advice on posting videos to this site   need advice on posting videos to this site EmptyMon Oct 26, 2015 7:10 pm

Bluff here, The designer of a stove I helped build at the local university has given me permission to publish his design. To do this I have to learn the skills Gary B is learning. If he is clever enough to be a tool maker he will succeed. When I have found my cammera I will post the design. Goodnight
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: need advice on posting videos to this site   need advice on posting videos to this site Empty

Back to top Go down

need advice on posting videos to this site
Page 1 of 1