The Rocket Woodstove Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Rocket Woodstove Forum

Woodstove development using rocketstove technology

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New to forum

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
drj12567

New to forum Empty
PostSubject: New to forum   New to forum EmptyMon Oct 12, 2015 6:37 am

hello rocket stove forum, Don here from Advance, NC USA hope everybody is doing fine. I have been a welder for 30 years now working in a frame shop. Mostly with big I beams . these beams weight 230 pounds per foot some 60 feet long and with a base plate 3x4 feet and 4 1/2 inches thick very heavy full pen welds. Have been working 68 to 70 hours per week for 5 months now down to 50 hours. we needed that break. we built a building  that was 1,000,000 SQ FT took over 50,000 tons of steel to fab.
  I was also in the U.S. Navy for 20 years as boiler tech. ran a 1200psi steam plant on a aircraft carrier.
This ship was big over 1000 feet long and over 80,000 tons, had a lot work to do in the engine room.
  I came across the rocket stove on you tube at T2H CHANNEL I THOUGHT this man knows what he was doing building these rocket stoves. T2H YOU ARE BUILDING some nice stoves very nice work too. I HOPE I CAN HELP on this forum, i have never built a wood stove before. the welding part i can do. i like the stoves because of the small amount of wood you need to fuel it. I have the tubes 6x6x1/4 inch wall that is all i have right now, trying to get the other parts but company work comes first. I HAVE TO WAIT ON THE right steel so i build the stove. most of it is to heavy to use. Ok that all for now.

HAVE A NICE DAY EVERYBODY
                                                             GOD BLESSYOU ALL
                                                                     DON JOYCE
Back to top Go down
gadily

New to forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to forum   New to forum EmptyMon Oct 12, 2015 9:10 am

thats better

hi and welcome to the forums don

I will admit looked at different wood burners and decided that I liked the rocket stove the most even better with wood savings on the system been using it last year and its been loverly and warm within a draughty shed thats now being sorted at the moment so will be glad to get it up and running again
Back to top Go down
T2H
Admin
T2H

New to forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to forum   New to forum EmptyFri Nov 06, 2015 11:03 am

Welcome Don, looking forward to seeing what you develop.
You have plenty of all the crucial experience and background that I wish I had when I started this journey.

Take care man and keep us posted with pics and videos if you can.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New to forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to forum   New to forum Empty

Back to top Go down

New to forum
Page 1 of 1