The Rocket Woodstove Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Rocket Woodstove Forum

Woodstove development using rocketstove technology

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

new rocket stove build

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
gadily

stove - new rocket stove build Empty
PostSubject: new rocket stove build   stove - new rocket stove build EmptyWed Nov 11, 2015 5:01 am

im on a new rocket stove build and will be taking pictures of the build in progress im looking for the highest gain of heat within the system to be fed within the firebox and ive come up with a way to do this so can get 4 lots of heat before entering firebox heat output at each stage of the heating of the air there will be 5 lots of heating done to the incoming air

also the secondary air will be super heated as well to be taken from the incoming preheated air

im wanting a seperation build of this stove where parts can be dismantled easily for repairs to the stove or upgrades to the stove

seperate parts will be base holding the incoming air system the firebox, vortex tube, and of coarse the top lid as i like the easy removable of this and also like quick access and better access to the stove build

so far ive fabricated the firebox with sloping sides and a sloping front so that the ash can drop all in one place along the firebox

ive also built the 2 sides of the ashpan and also to seat the firebox onto the unit

pics will follow soon but heres 2 diagrams of the build

stove - new rocket stove build Gadily10

stove - new rocket stove build Gadily11

the firebox  is 5mm steel  and 9" wide by 11" length the size of firebricks and height is 10 1/2"

the ashpan collection area is 6 3/4" by 4 1/4" all made from 3mm angle iron is the framework i will be including legs so system is off the ground
Back to top Go down
gadily

PostSubject: Re: new rocket stove build   stove - new rocket stove build EmptyThu Nov 12, 2015 4:22 am

firebox build

stove - new rocket stove build 20151110

ashpan and air input frame firebox sits on top

stove - new rocket stove build 20151111

a preshow of how its going to look when built not using stainless steel for the vortex tube

side view
stove - new rocket stove build 20151112

front view
stove - new rocket stove build 20151113

angle iron at the front used for the feet as will be bolted through so it can be leveled out

im considering using angle iron for the sides of the firebox

a, to seal the box to the frame using fire rope underneath
b, as can insert the bars for the firebox for the ash to drop through
Back to top Go down
CVI04

PostSubject: Re: new rocket stove build   stove - new rocket stove build EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 1:33 pm

Thanks for showing us the build. Can't wait to see the performance.
Back to top Go down
caotropheus
Subscribers
Subscribers

PostSubject: Re: new rocket stove build   stove - new rocket stove build EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 3:18 pm

gadily

You were fast planning and building this stove. Looking forward to see a video of you using it.
Back to top Go down
gadily

PostSubject: Re: new rocket stove build   stove - new rocket stove build EmptyMon Nov 16, 2015 6:37 am

caotropheus ive been planning a better build for a while just was drawing it up until i found a picture i liked and wanted to build

the firebox id built a week ago and welded it up just grinded it smooth on the day of the photo

the frame i welded it up after thinking how i wanted it to be I am keeping the round back the front is going to be flat so a hinged door can rest against it without falling back down when filling the system

the other thing i will be keeping is the lift off top like the gas bottle and other things thats needed for easy access and also where parts are needed to be replaced

though i must admit id like to really push it to the max and see its results
Back to top Go down
gadily

PostSubject: Re: new rocket stove build   stove - new rocket stove build EmptyTue Nov 24, 2015 9:40 am

at the moment im having to make a split form for the burn tube and vortex tube

id like to do it in one like ppottys is done

im building this with vermiculite and not perlite as i have about 15 bags of the stuff that i got for peanuts

ive already enquired about its mix and thankyou ppotty for the info
Back to top Go down
gadily

PostSubject: Re: new rocket stove build   stove - new rocket stove build EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 8:16 am

right heres some pics of the form that im using to make the castable refractory

parts used is 4" guttering x2 and 2 pieces of wood lathes and a spacer in the middle to hold apart the unit
theres also 2 circles cut at 4 1/2" there top and bottom

ive also adjusted this build a bit as theres a little smoke back on mine whilst lighting it so have moved up to a burn chamber of 5 1/2" or maybe 5 1/4" when finished the internal width is 4 3/4" all around the unit is 1" thick  total size is 6 3/4" and the length is front to back 11" with a 4 3/4" vortex tube

instead of using 4 3/4" x 4 3/4" as mine can smoke back into the room when first lighting of the stove

stove - new rocket stove build 20151110

stove - new rocket stove build 20151111

im now reviewing ppottys build for info as soon to be ready to cast the chamber

stove - new rocket stove build 20151112

stove - new rocket stove build 20151113

that thing was a swine to build to the right size
Back to top Go down
T2H
Admin
T2H

PostSubject: Re: new rocket stove build   stove - new rocket stove build EmptyWed Dec 02, 2015 5:06 pm

Looking forward to seeing the finished stove, it looks great man.
Back to top Go down
ppotty1 Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: new rocket stove build   stove - new rocket stove build EmptyFri Dec 04, 2015 12:01 pm

add the mix into the mould about an inch at a time and pack it down with a round stick take your time and work up to the top, if you dump a load in at a time its much harder to compact it and you might end up with fracture lines. You will probably get a little water weeping out of the bottom as you work your way up, I did there was no issues. Hope it works out well.
Back to top Go down
https://woodstoves.forumotion.co.uk
gadily

PostSubject: Re: new rocket stove build   stove - new rocket stove build EmptySat Dec 05, 2015 7:12 am

query you mention hammer drill and vibrating the mold for better setterling of the material

ive also read it as well but from my understanding of making concrete molds is best to vibrate them quickly and enough to settle the material within them

water does float though

with these i presume if you vibrate too much you may seperate the mixture so more ends up at the bottom instead of being all around the unit
Back to top Go down
ppotty1 Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: new rocket stove build   stove - new rocket stove build EmptySat Dec 05, 2015 7:15 am

vibration only really works when the mixture is quite wet better to pack down a dry mixture,
Back to top Go down
gadily

PostSubject: Re: new rocket stove build   stove - new rocket stove build EmptyMon Feb 22, 2016 12:41 am

stripped down now 40hrs after finished cementing them

big core 29" high

stove - new rocket stove build 20160223

stove - new rocket stove build 20160224

that crack also wants a repair to it as can see straight through

stove - new rocket stove build 20160225

as you can see this was made using 4" round guttering also very easy to split from the main form

stove - new rocket stove build 20160226

total size is 4 1/2" vortex as the internal wood split ot out further made it easier to seperate the material as its really flexiable

stove - new rocket stove build 20160227
Back to top Go down
T2H
Admin
T2H

PostSubject: Re: new rocket stove build   stove - new rocket stove build EmptyWed Feb 24, 2016 4:18 pm

You are getting better with your fabrication skills gadily.
Looking good man.
Back to top Go down
ppotty1 Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: new rocket stove build   stove - new rocket stove build EmptyThu Feb 25, 2016 10:06 am

Looks good so far Gadily, good effect on the flame so you should get really good heating of the riser base. get a jacket wrapped around it now.
Back to top Go down
gadily

PostSubject: Re: new rocket stove build   stove - new rocket stove build EmptyThu Feb 25, 2016 11:01 am

thanks but brings an interesting comment it failed on the vortex rising so i found out on the second firing of the casting all it was doing was stalling at the bottom of the cast

ive had to do a repair to the flick and this brought it right up the vortex

stove - new rocket stove build 20160229

stove - new rocket stove build 20160230

ive also sloped the secondary air to be inline with the flow of the flames

stove - new rocket stove build Inline10

24/02/2016 was the day I fired it as hot as possible even after a quick repair to it, the whole core was so hot you couldnt touch it and had to be left to cool down took an 1hr 1/2 to cool enough to pick up firing time wasnt much at that either 20 mins to 1/2 an hr

the pics above is the last firing
Back to top Go down
T2H
Admin
T2H

PostSubject: Re: new rocket stove build   stove - new rocket stove build EmptyFri Feb 26, 2016 6:39 pm

The vortex looks really good.
Back to top Go down
gadily

PostSubject: Re: new rocket stove build   stove - new rocket stove build EmptySat Feb 27, 2016 4:39 am

videos of casting final burn in the vortex chamber

Back to top Go down
T2H
Admin
T2H

PostSubject: Re: new rocket stove build   stove - new rocket stove build EmptySat Feb 27, 2016 4:39 pm

Gadily looks like pretty soon you wont need forms anymore to make one of these.

Back to top Go down
gadily

PostSubject: Re: new rocket stove build   stove - new rocket stove build EmptySun Jul 10, 2016 7:46 am

im now back to this again since ive got my shed sorted out now and have no rocket stove at the moment so getting it ready for winter

ive just welded up the large firebox as the dimensions are 11" depth x 15" wide 17" high however this time the box isnt 15" to the front but i have turned it on its side as it now goes through the side plate

ppottys air system is also at the sides however im also thinking of using garys system as well
Back to top Go down
T2H
Admin
T2H

PostSubject: Re: new rocket stove build   stove - new rocket stove build EmptyWed Jul 27, 2016 1:18 pm

Cool man, looking forward to seeing what you come up with.
I thought what both ppotty1 did and Gary were very impressive and worth implementing into the system.
Glad you are back at it gadily, hopefully soon here I will be able to get back to my side draft stove.
You always have something being built, love your passion you have for this man.
You do inspire us all honestly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: new rocket stove build   stove - new rocket stove build Empty

Back to top Go down

new rocket stove build
Page 1 of 1