The Rocket Woodstove Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Rocket Woodstove Forum

Woodstove development using rocketstove technology

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Charlile from Los Angeles

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
CharlieWood

Charlile from Los Angeles Empty
PostSubject: Charlile from Los Angeles   Charlile from Los Angeles EmptyFri Jan 08, 2016 2:24 pm

Happy to have been directed here. I have been casually researching metals, ceramics, fabrication, combustion and RS concepts and configurations. Having watched most of the YT videos and completed some reading, I have a good understanding of the principles and uses (good and bad) of the RS.

I'm hoping to find in the forum discussions about whole house heating. If you must burn wood, the RS is the way to do it. Efficient distribution of the heat to space, water, wet sticks or chips is the next level of creativity.
Back to top Go down
gadily

Charlile from Los Angeles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charlile from Los Angeles   Charlile from Los Angeles EmptySat Jan 09, 2016 11:27 am

actually the best way is to transfer heat to water for the most efficient use of heat then its transfer it back to metal before heating the air up within a room or rooms

rs is good for single room warming or a big area by a thermal mass or can be used with a back boiler as the top plate to transfer to water

but you must also remember to preheat the water or it can suffer from thermal shock where cold water hits hot metal

the types of interest and produce high heat are rs and downdraft stoves

Back to top Go down

Charlile from Los Angeles
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Rocket Woodstove Forum :: General :: Introduce yourself-
Jump to: