The Rocket Woodstove Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Rocket Woodstove Forum

Woodstove development using rocketstove technology

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Mini lathe restoration.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
T2H
Admin
T2H

Mini lathe restoration. Empty
PostSubject: Mini lathe restoration.   Mini lathe restoration. EmptyFri Jan 29, 2016 2:04 pm

Hello everyone I have been pretty busy lately with some new projects and a new direction I am taking.
I have been refurbishing an old Harbor Freight mini lathe I picked up for a trade for a small taig lathe I had.

This Harbor freight lathe was a basket case when I got it.
If anyone is considering purchasing a mini lathe in the future I would advise them to keep watch for a used one to come up on craigslist.

If you buy one new, they need so much work to bring them up to nice tolerances you will spend many hours doing mods and upgrades to achieve high precision work.

So far I have not seen anyone on the net get a fifty thousandths cut from Aluminum let alone getting a fifty thousandths cut in mild steel which I have been able to achieve both with a very good finish.

This is a work in progress that will be moving towards creating my own private label watches.
I plan on building the cases, dials, hands, crowns and even the bands.

Back to top Go down

Mini lathe restoration.
Page 1 of 1