The Rocket Woodstove Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Rocket Woodstove Forum

Woodstove development using rocketstove technology

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New to forums and Rocket stoves here to learn and offer what I can

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ThLynn

New to forums and Rocket stoves here to learn and offer what I can  Empty
PostSubject: New to forums and Rocket stoves here to learn and offer what I can    New to forums and Rocket stoves here to learn and offer what I can  EmptyTue Mar 01, 2016 10:40 pm

O k so I'm a new be . I've never posted to a forum before and haven't built a rocket stove before I'm here to learn. I did read the rules. that being said I have dyslexia and there fore do not spell good sorry. I have been experimenting with what you may or may not think of as a rocket mass stove. it is made of small tin cans inside one another it does have a couple water jackets for heat storage as well as a multi layered set of clay flower pots to slow down and store heat for a longer burn and even longer storage cycle. I think of them as portable versions of what you all are talking about, would I be right in my thinking or does what I'm working on not have a large enough heat storage to qualify as a mass storage unit. If it helps any I will be using several of these in side my new green house that does have a very large liquid mass heat storage factor. 40 55 gallon water barrels that will be primaraly solar heated but I want to make sure I can keep my plants safe so I've been building these small heating units as a back up for if and when needed I live in the high desert low mountains of New Mexico so we don't get a long winter but as this year has shown we can get down under the 0 mark for prolonged periods ( to long for plants ) . I am also doing research on what I think is a new solar / thermal mass storage unit ( with wind power tack on) that should both heat and cool if my thinking is right and it doesn't use any more than nature as fuel I.E. solar thermal mass storage of natures heating and cooling with natures thermal exchange as a solar boosted wind power system. Any way I was watching a You tube video on bucket thermal mass or rocket stoves and liked the build and the book you were talking about. thought I could learn something about thermal dynamics over here so Here I am. And yes the small units I am talking about are some thing like small camp stoves but with the addition of the clay pots they become a cross bread cook stove / candle heater. My small addition of the multi cans with water jacket added is were I think they become a new version on several older ideas. well as you might guess i don't mind rambling a bit . see you all in the funny papers.
Back to top Go down
T2H
Admin
T2H

PostSubject: Re: New to forums and Rocket stoves here to learn and offer what I can    New to forums and Rocket stoves here to learn and offer what I can  EmptyWed Mar 02, 2016 7:32 am

Welcome, looking forward to viewing your projects.
Something you may consider if you have the availability of horse or farm animal manure and hay you can create a compost heating system that will produce heat for about five to six months out of the year.
So far I have not seen anyone run large diameter pvc tubing through the thermal mass and used it like an Hvac heating system.

Transferring the heat through the pvc and then using a pc fan to pump the heat via twelve volt batteries and solar.

As well you can produce hot water on demand.
I have heard the shortfalls of such systems due to the maintenance every five or six months time, it is labor intensive.

But that shortfall can be addressed and a system structured to take much of the intensive labor out of the equation.
I have a few idea on that subject and will probably do a video on it rather than describe it here.
My fingers get tired:>)
Back to top Go down
gadily

PostSubject: Re: New to forums and Rocket stoves here to learn and offer what I can    New to forums and Rocket stoves here to learn and offer what I can  EmptyWed Mar 02, 2016 12:37 pm

welcome to the forums

just a note even if mispelling its ok here

theres some small builds within the the site mixed between also an oven with a hob to cook upon

theres an interesting section on greenhouses

the problem with manure and collecting the heat is how do you run your pipes as well as turn over your manure as well as digging it out after its done its job

ive seen a barrel job where tubes could be used into it but also would allow for turning over of the stuff when needed plus easy to empty out when its done its job
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New to forums and Rocket stoves here to learn and offer what I can    New to forums and Rocket stoves here to learn and offer what I can  Empty

Back to top Go down

New to forums and Rocket stoves here to learn and offer what I can
Page 1 of 1