The Rocket Woodstove Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Rocket Woodstove Forum

Woodstove development using rocketstove technology

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

rocket stove for garage

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
gadily

rocket stove for garage  Empty
PostSubject: rocket stove for garage    rocket stove for garage  EmptyThu Mar 03, 2016 6:35 am

much bigger firebox like ppotty was interested in

also take note of the secondary air its placed at the bottom at the vortex you can see its effect in the vids

Back to top Go down
ppotty1 Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: rocket stove for garage    rocket stove for garage  EmptyThu Mar 03, 2016 11:26 am

I just watched his build on you tube its a good looking stove and great for a first attempt, he says he is planning to move the sec air on the next one to the opposite side in order to increase the vortex. Wont really have the desired effect though because its quite a passive effect. when entering the riser it ignites the gasses, and the best placement for this is where he has it now from all the tests i did early on, but i never had temps like the ones inside my cast riser now so placement is maybe not as critical but still better for mixing with the gasses.

That big firebox is great I had thought a front loading door was the key to a bigger firebox and im glad he went this route and proved it. But modular wins out over welded and if i built a larger firebox it could be simply bolted on the front. I stress I dont need any more heat but a longer slower burn would be nice to calm my stove down, plus i wouldn't need to gut the logs so small.
Back to top Go down
https://woodstoves.forumotion.co.uk
gadily

PostSubject: Re: rocket stove for garage    rocket stove for garage  EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 2:35 am

Ive found it an interesting build for a rocket stove

like many whos been looking for references for the cast riser is actually true no one has put up how long there cast risers have lasted or upon there mixes ( i know as ive looked for them )

glad theres some reference now on these forums on peoples cast risers on there mixes used

I did like being able to see the secondary air doing its job even though its low down it was nice to see that effect on the stove, but was expecting higher temps than 700F

his could do with an ashbox so system doesnt need shutting down to clean out

I believe preheating the primary air is the key to the firebox for secondary air im not so sure about but will soon find out
Back to top Go down
jdaley

PostSubject: Re: rocket stove for garage    rocket stove for garage  EmptyMon Jul 03, 2017 7:16 pm

I cannot get the video to work, can anybody else
Back to top Go down
gadily

PostSubject: Re: rocket stove for garage    rocket stove for garage  EmptyMon Jul 03, 2017 7:33 pm

the video has been removed by the site owner on youtube
Back to top Go down
jdaley

PostSubject: Re: rocket stove for garage    rocket stove for garage  EmptyMon Jul 03, 2017 8:13 pm

Anyway of finding it?
Back to top Go down
gadily

PostSubject: Re: rocket stove for garage    rocket stove for garage  EmptyWed Jul 05, 2017 9:44 am

sorry no unless its on another video site
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: rocket stove for garage    rocket stove for garage  Empty

Back to top Go down

rocket stove for garage
Page 1 of 1