The Rocket Woodstove Forum

Woodstove development using rocketstove technology

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

New Member from West Virginia

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rick E

PostSubject: New Member from West Virginia   Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:23 am

Hi, I just moved to southern West Virginia from South Florida in May and I wasn't sure about how cold it was going to get up here. I now live in Princeton, which is about 2,000 ft above sea level. I just received my electric heating bill for November and I almost fell over. $210 for 33 days and it hasn't even gotten cold yet. Most of those days were in the upper 40s and low 50s.

Needless to say, I'm looking for alternative ways to heat my 1200 sq ft. mobile home. I'm fascinated with the efficiency of the rocket mass heater design, although I'm not sure if it can be applied to a mobile home. I have not seen any videos or articles on setting one up like that. I assume if you have enough fire brick, you can protect any structure from overheating.

Has anyone here been successful making a Rocket for a mobile home? How about a smaller, but efficient Rocket heater for a small living space?

Rick E.
Back to top Go down
gadily

PostSubject: Re: New Member from West Virginia   Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:07 pm

t2h started off with a motor home

moved onto this one now

however you can improve this one even more
Back to top Go down

New Member from West Virginia
Page 1 of 1