The Rocket Woodstove Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Rocket Woodstove Forum

Woodstove development using rocketstove technology

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Franken-Stove... my build of a Gravity Pellet Feed Thermal Mass Rocket Stove

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Gizmoguy347

gravity - Franken-Stove... my build of a Gravity Pellet Feed Thermal Mass Rocket Stove Empty
PostSubject: Franken-Stove... my build of a Gravity Pellet Feed Thermal Mass Rocket Stove   gravity - Franken-Stove... my build of a Gravity Pellet Feed Thermal Mass Rocket Stove EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 7:26 am

Hello World! Here is my version of a (get ready for a long winded title) "Franken-Stove: the Gravity Pellet Feed Thermal Mass Mini Rocket Stove! This particular stove consumes about 500g of wood pellets an hour and heats 650 square feet of open concept living room / kitchen comfortably. I have posted it to www.instructables.com and it has over 9k views to date. here is the link:www.instructables.com/id/Pellet-Fed-Rocket-Stove.  The youtube site:or simply search "franken-stove" I run it for 12 hours a day and shut it down each evening. Works great. over the past three months it has lowered my electrical consumption (we have electrical heated floors and baseboards throughout our home) has saved us over 48 kWh a day so these things work for home heating. I have since added a steam reformer to the afterburner after the pellet combustion chamber to allow for even cleaner burns by attaching a stainless steel waterbottle to the side of the combustion tube for contact heating. Incorporated into the design is a cubic foot of refractory that radiates heat long after shutdown. If you are planning to build a rocket stove read my instructables link and refer to the changes I would do for an even better stove. Good luck and be safe.
Back to top Go down
http://RepurposedRelicsCanada.com
gadily

gravity - Franken-Stove... my build of a Gravity Pellet Feed Thermal Mass Rocket Stove Empty
PostSubject: Re: Franken-Stove... my build of a Gravity Pellet Feed Thermal Mass Rocket Stove   gravity - Franken-Stove... my build of a Gravity Pellet Feed Thermal Mass Rocket Stove EmptyWed Feb 14, 2018 10:08 am

thankyou for posting your build here on this part of the forums

its a nice build and ive got a video to catch up on now

any plans for another build seen as this ones being nabbed into house now Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Franken-Stove... my build of a Gravity Pellet Feed Thermal Mass Rocket Stove
Page 1 of 1