The Rocket Woodstove Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Rocket Woodstove Forum

Woodstove development using rocketstove technology

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Is this sounding right?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Bezman

Bezman

Is this sounding right? Empty
PostSubject: Is this sounding right?   Is this sounding right? EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 9:44 am

Guys,

I have written a bit of a journal re my rocket stove however I can't post it until the newbie 7 day window is up (I have pictures hosted on photobucket).

Anyway, I took the plunge today and decided to insulate my upright burn tube (box section steel 100x100x6mm) with another steel circular tube whilst using vermiculite as the insulator. Anyway, on a bit of a test burn, I was achieving ~275deg C. Is this expected or a bit 'low'. This is a serious question as I have seen some youtube vids with temps up to and including 900's (deg F!), either way, I am way off of that mark.

I don't intend on "going firm" with my build until I have posted my progress complete with pictures however I was wondering if the above temperature is roughly correct / accurate for other stovies.

Cheers in advance.

Bezman
Back to top Go down
T2H
Admin
T2H

PostSubject: Re: Is this sounding right?   Is this sounding right? EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 12:50 pm

One thing to consider if a build is not copied exactly from a proven stove you will have varied results.

Some will copy a stove in dimensions and placements but not use the same materials.

Many guys use common steel riser tubes, I refuse to.

Stainless steel is a great heat reflector in itself and will reflect a greater amount of heat back onto itself than a common steel riser tube would.

As well fire box size, fuel and fuel to air ratio all will play a part in what kinds of temps you will get.
Back to top Go down
caotropheus
Subscribers
Subscribers

PostSubject: Re: Is this sounding right?   Is this sounding right? EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 3:37 pm

With pictures of the stove and details of the construction, it will be easier for us to help you. In the meanwhile, try to play with the stove and see what sort of temperatures you can reach
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is this sounding right?   Is this sounding right? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is this sounding right?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Rocket Woodstove Forum :: Main :: Rocketstoves (ideas and research members only) :: Show us your stove-
Jump to: