The Rocket Woodstove Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Rocket Woodstove Forum

Woodstove development using rocketstove technology

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

GEK Gasifier free plans open source

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
T2H
Admin
T2H

build - GEK Gasifier free plans open source Empty
PostSubject: GEK Gasifier free plans open source   build - GEK Gasifier free plans open source EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 4:51 am

Hey guys if your interested in building a gassification system here is a great system that is not only open source but has great detailed plans and as well kits that you can buy to assemble yourself.

I plan on building one of these in the near future, I like the idea of using stainless steel parts that can be replaced as they burn out from use over time.

Here is a link to their site, check it out search out their pef's available and plans.

http://www.gekgasifier.com/
Back to top Go down
T2H
Admin
T2H

PostSubject: Re: GEK Gasifier free plans open source   build - GEK Gasifier free plans open source EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 5:04 am

Back to top Go down
T2H
Admin
T2H

PostSubject: Step by step instructions of the build.   build - GEK Gasifier free plans open source EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 5:06 am

Back to top Go down
T2H
Admin
T2H

PostSubject: Re: GEK Gasifier free plans open source   build - GEK Gasifier free plans open source EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 5:20 am

Version 4x

Here is a great step by step page, great photos and links to videos that show detailed step by step build of the GEK.

http://wiki.gekgasifier.com/w/page/52196806/GEK%20v4x%20Fabrication%20Instructions
Back to top Go down
T2H
Admin
T2H

PostSubject: Re: GEK Gasifier free plans open source   build - GEK Gasifier free plans open source EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 5:28 am

Back to top Go down
tritowns

PostSubject: Re: GEK Gasifier free plans open source   build - GEK Gasifier free plans open source EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 12:28 am

Back to top Go down
T2H
Admin
T2H

PostSubject: Re: GEK Gasifier free plans open source   build - GEK Gasifier free plans open source EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 4:04 pm

tritowns wrote:
http://www.gekgasifier.com/news/v5.html?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=v5

new gek hearth is not open source
Not to worry they do have other versions that are open source, I guess everyone who starts down that path may be tempted to close the doors to open source.
Back to top Go down
madasafish

PostSubject: Re: GEK Gasifier free plans open source   build - GEK Gasifier free plans open source EmptyMon Feb 10, 2014 9:27 am

Quote :
I guess everyone who starts down that path may be tempted to close the doors to open source.

It's interesting you say that, I am trying to get to grips with the advantages/disadvantages of Rocket Stoves versus Gasifiers.

Rocket Stoves...seem to be very open source with a myriad of designs. From what I see, they provide two valuable functions. Space heating or/and Cooking.

The more I learn about Gasifiers the more I find they seem to be more versatile than Rocket Stoves. Gasifiers seem to accommodate fan assist with the heat advantage that brings and can store gas to drive your car, lawnmower, or gas stove.

I would be interested to learn which way you think the industry going....and why?

Here is a you-tube clip of French man using a simple propane bottle, some old discarded motor oil (I believe, my French is not that good) and adding some water.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLp8zZHhsp4
Back to top Go down
Hitchhiker

PostSubject: Re: GEK Gasifier free plans open source   build - GEK Gasifier free plans open source EmptyMon Feb 10, 2014 1:12 pm

My opinion, which is probably going to piss off everyone, is that the new rockets are gasifiers. That is the trend I have watched develop over the last year or so with the metal and RMH stoves. In fact, the RMHs from 2 years ago seem...well...ancient compared to what is coming out each day.
Back to top Go down
tritowns

PostSubject: Re: GEK Gasifier free plans open source   build - GEK Gasifier free plans open source EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 1:05 am

I would suggest any stove that uses secondary air to re burn the smoke from the initial burn is in fact a gasifing stove... doesn't matter if it's a simple or a complex build...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GEK Gasifier free plans open source   build - GEK Gasifier free plans open source EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 4:55 am

tritowns wrote:
I would suggest any stove that uses secondary air to re burn the smoke from the initial burn is in fact a gasifing stove... doesn't matter if it's a simple or a complex build...

What if you have an RS type design stove, without secondary air?

I am not 100% convinced secondary air is a must have feature in a RS. Whats the purpose, if you have an efficient clean burn of all the fuel Vapor's the first time ?

I do understand why some RS stove designs may need secondary air. I personally, would rather figure out how to have a successfully burn the first time around, Saving time and money on the design and buildVery Happy
Back to top Go down
tritowns

PostSubject: Re: GEK Gasifier free plans open source   build - GEK Gasifier free plans open source EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 12:19 am

a traditional rocket stove where the air passes under the feedstock and then through the coals is using secondary air.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GEK Gasifier free plans open source   build - GEK Gasifier free plans open source EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 3:11 am

Traditional RS meaning, J tube design, with no ADD ON additional secondary air feed into the riser tube. Correct  :?:
Back to top Go down
madasafish

PostSubject: Re: GEK Gasifier free plans open source   build - GEK Gasifier free plans open source EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 5:09 am

dkwelder wrote:
Traditional RS meaning, J tube design, with no ADD ON additional secondary air feed into the riser tube.

and insulated riser tube!

Madasafish
Back to top Go down
tritowns

PostSubject: Re: GEK Gasifier free plans open source   build - GEK Gasifier free plans open source EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 6:03 am

I would say it is still a gasifing stove (rocket stoves in general)... as the heat from coals is gassing the wood above... a match burning is an example of gasifing even... the fact that a rocket stove is full open air means there is an over abundance of oxygen to begin with. we don't usually choke off a rocket stove....
Back to top Go down
Rebootag

PostSubject: Re: GEK Gasifier free plans open source   build - GEK Gasifier free plans open source EmptyWed Dec 17, 2014 11:04 am

I would say it is still a gasifing stove (rocket stoves in general)... as the heat from coals is gassing the wood above... a match burning is an example of gasifing even... the fact that a rocket stove is full open air means there is an over abundance of oxygen to begin with. we don't usually choke off a rocket stove.... wrote:

agreed... all wood burning is gasification, the difference lies in hearth temp, fuel conversion, filtration, and oxygen depleted or oxygen-rich environment. :)
Back to top Go down
https://farmacyseeds.net/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GEK Gasifier free plans open source   build - GEK Gasifier free plans open source Empty

Back to top Go down

GEK Gasifier free plans open source
Page 1 of 1