The Rocket Woodstove Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Rocket Woodstove Forum

Woodstove development using rocketstove technology

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hi and what a Great idea.

Go down 
+2
caotropheus
stlyon
6 posters
AuthorMessage
stlyon

Hi and what a Great idea. Empty
PostSubject: Hi and what a Great idea.   Hi and what a Great idea. EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 5:48 am

Well done guys! This is a great idea. Came in from tryin2hards YouTube feed.
Love the idea of Rocket stoves.
Hopefully this year I will be buying and renovating a canal narrowboat to live aboard.

I want to incorporate a rocket stove in place of the normal woodstove.
Am pulling together the ideas from all over.  Idea 
Seems to me that I can build a stove to cook (oven and hob), heating, hot water and with a teg block pop a few amps into the batteries as well.
Or am I asking for too much? :oops:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hi and what a Great idea.   Hi and what a Great idea. EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 5:58 am

Hello stlyon, Welcome to the Forum!  Very Happy  All kinds of great info and ideas around the Forum, nothing is out of the question here.  cheers
Back to top Go down
caotropheus
Subscribers
Subscribers

PostSubject: Re: Hi and what a Great idea.   Hi and what a Great idea. EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 6:00 am

Welcome to the forum.

I am sure that with a bit of persistence you will be able to build your "do it all stove". Just show us your WIP (work in progress).
Back to top Go down
stlyon

PostSubject: Re: Hi and what a Great idea.   Hi and what a Great idea. EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 8:58 am

Thanks for the warm welcome.
My WIP so far is growing number of scraps of paper with equally scrappy drawings on them!
However, this year is my year to do it. I am swapping a nagging wife for a dog and a narrow boat! Not too bad a deal I think?  :lol: 

My uncle is still working as a Electrical/Mechanical Engineer at 70. while he taught me to put two lumps of metal together I watched him do a 6 foot continuous weld in stainless steel! so I figure to get his help for the actual build! He also taught me electrics, plumbing and woodworking. All things I have used over the years and will use fitting out my boat as apart from the fun of it I am too skint to pay someone else!

So I will put up some designs at some point shortly and invite brickbats from you all.
Back to top Go down
T2H
Admin
T2H

PostSubject: Re: Hi and what a Great idea.   Hi and what a Great idea. EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 12:50 pm

Welcome aboard matey:>)
Can't wait to see your boat, you will produce photos and a video right?

What is your youtube channel, do you have a video up of your boat?

I am building a stove for a 90 old wooden yacht right now for a client in Alaska.

It is almost finished.
Back to top Go down
gadily

PostSubject: Re: Hi and what a Great idea.   Hi and what a Great idea. EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 10:47 pm

stlyon wrote:
I want to incorporate a rocket stove in place of the normal woodstove.
Am pulling together the ideas from all over.  Idea 
Seems to me that I can build a stove to cook (oven and hob), heating, hot water and with a teg block pop a few amps into the batteries as well.
Or am I asking for too much? :oops:

welcome to the forum

no your not asking too much but you may have to adjust or make your own design to combine all into a build then you have to watch out with the weight of the unit and i believe with narrow boats its best to place at the centre of the boat as not to impede the ballast that you use within the narrow boat

Back to top Go down
2ndburn

2ndburn

PostSubject: Re: Hi and what a Great idea.   Hi and what a Great idea. EmptyMon Jan 20, 2014 2:23 am

Hi stlyon Welcome, I'm thinking Steam Engine  Idea 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EouyXDQJbWI
Back to top Go down
ppotty1 Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hi and what a Great idea.   Hi and what a Great idea. EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 11:53 am

Hello Stlyon welcome on board this ship  ;)
Back to top Go down
https://woodstoves.forumotion.co.uk
stlyon

PostSubject: Re.re.re!   Hi and what a Great idea. EmptyFri Jan 24, 2014 11:39 am

Posted a reply on this topic already and it is the second one not to appear! Gremlins in the system!  :shock: 

Tring2hard: My Channel is under "Laurie St.Lyon"   But no vids yet. 🇳🇴  I have yet to get a boat. That only happens when I get my share of the house sale. :bounce: 
Really want to see the finished boat stove you are doing. Are there vids up yet?

I wanted a widebeam (10.5 foot wide) but finance means a pre-owned narrow boat is on the cards. As long as the shell is sound I can gut and fit out myself. Will put up vids when get there. :) 

Gadilly: You have to put the stove to one side or you cannot get past it! Also safety issue with my kids when they come over.
You just ensure the weight balances out. I intend the floor to be removable so I can access pipes as well as adjust ballast.

2nd burn: Steam engines while a nice idea take up too much space. I want it all for living in. Also they are a nightmare to get safety certified and insured. (both requirements on UK waterways-where it is getting so you cant P*$$ without paying a fee to get a permit! )

Ppotty: thank you for having me.
Back to top Go down
2ndburn

2ndburn

PostSubject: Re: Hi and what a Great idea.   Hi and what a Great idea. EmptyFri Jan 24, 2014 12:48 pm

Hi Cool 
Yep I understand m8.. Just wishful thinking on my behalf,  I hope you get a good price for your house and that you buy the boat your looking for. :) I look forward to the vids when you get there.  sunny 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi and what a Great idea.   Hi and what a Great idea. Empty

Back to top Go down

Hi and what a Great idea.
Page 1 of 1