The Rocket Woodstove Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Rocket Woodstove Forum

Woodstove development using rocketstove technology

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Other Online RS Forums ?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Other Online RS Forums ? Empty
PostSubject: Other Online RS Forums ?   Other Online RS Forums ? EmptyWed Feb 19, 2014 10:19 pm

Has anyone stumbled onto this other RS forum like I just done ? From the looks of things, Donkey is the Administrator and he started his Forum on Jan.3 2007.

http://donkey32.proboards.com/board/6/reference-library
Back to top Go down
Hitchhiker

PostSubject: Re: Other Online RS Forums ?   Other Online RS Forums ? EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 12:42 am

It is a very good forum.  Peter Van Den Berg, a regular poster, is the designer of the rocket stove that Dragonheaters uses.  In fact, almost every single one of the members uses a Peter designed rocket.  The forum focuses mainly on the mass heaters.  I have made a couple posts over there.

A side note - Check out Peter's Youtube channel.  Great stuff.

(Can you tell I have been into this for awhile?  Ha ha)

Last edited by Hitchhiker on Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Other Online RS Forums ?   Other Online RS Forums ? EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 1:07 am

Hitchhiker,

Thanks for the clarification, I did notice points of interest and valuable information posted.  Very Happy  Donkey posted in one reply back to a member, that he was ok with dropping of the F-Bomb  bom in a post, as long as it wasn't negativity directed towards anyone! :shock:
Back to top Go down
woodrascal

PostSubject: Re: Other Online RS Forums ?   Other Online RS Forums ? EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 1:46 am

Another one to check out is the Permies Forum -

http://www.permies.com/forums/f-55/wood-burning-stoves
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Other Online RS Forums ?   Other Online RS Forums ? EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 1:49 am

Thanks woodrascal!  Very Happy  Kinda makes a guy wonder if we are being watched ?  :shock: :P
Back to top Go down
Hitchhiker

PostSubject: Re: Other Online RS Forums ?   Other Online RS Forums ? EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 1:58 am

dkwelder wrote:
Hitchhiker,

Thanks for the clarification, I did notice points of interest and valuable information posted.  Very Happy  Donkey posted in one reply back to a member, that he was ok with dropping of the F-Bomb  bom in a post, as long as it wasn't negativity directed towards anyone! :shock:

Unfortunately, both forums don't cater to metal use. Same science though.  In fact, there is a well known distaste for metal rocket stove hybrids on Permies.  The nickname they have for experimental stoves is "flaming death".   :lol:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Other Online RS Forums ?   Other Online RS Forums ? EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 2:08 am

Hitchhiker wrote:
dkwelder wrote:
Hitchhiker,

Unfortunately, both forums don't cater to metal use.  Same science though.  In fact, there is a well known distaste for metal rocket stove hybrids on Permies.  The nickname they have for experimental stoves is "flaming death".   :lol:

Thanks for that tidbit of valuable information, I will have to remember that so I don't grace them with any of my words of Jest!  jocolor  geek 

Like Hey ! Where you guy's hide all your pics of metal RS at on here !  :P
Back to top Go down
Hitchhiker

PostSubject: Re: Other Online RS Forums ?   Other Online RS Forums ? EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 2:14 am

:lol:  No, go there and form your own opinion. Only take what I say as a warning or totally disregard it. I'm only putting it out there.  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Other Online RS Forums ?   Other Online RS Forums ? EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 2:17 am

Its all good ! I do thank you for your info !  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
woodrascal

PostSubject: Re: Other Online RS Forums ?   Other Online RS Forums ? EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 4:15 am

It's interesting how sometimes the various forums can seem a bit blinkered in the way they look at rocket stove technology...
"My way is right and everyone else is wrong!" :lol!: 

I like to look at all the experiments, innovations, suggestions, triumphs and failures and then try to work out what's best for yourself and your situation :)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Other Online RS Forums ?   Other Online RS Forums ? EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 4:35 am

There is so many unique RS designs and builds being done with a wide range of different new and used materials. A persons situation can be a very big factor in ones own RS build, when it boils down to a specific purpose. Trial and error also determines how successful and efficient your RS preforms. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
gadily

PostSubject: Re: Other Online RS Forums ?   Other Online RS Forums ? EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 1:58 am

heres something interesting

ive tried searching for our forums and i seem not to be able to find it, ive looked with different search terms that ive used and including of certain names and still cannot find this site

we have plenty of terms and plenty of discussions here with different things we should have been found more easily by now
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Other Online RS Forums ?   Other Online RS Forums ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Other Online RS Forums ?
Page 1 of 1