The Rocket Woodstove Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Rocket Woodstove Forum

Woodstove development using rocketstove technology

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

7gallon propane tank rocket

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ROACH

ROACH

gallon - 7gallon propane tank rocket Empty
PostSubject: 7gallon propane tank rocket   gallon - 7gallon propane tank rocket EmptyMon Dec 29, 2014 8:38 am

i was looking for info i am building a rocket stove from a 7 gallon propane tank right now the materiels are 41/2 x 4 1/2 sq. tube x 12" long riser is same size but 13" long with a 3" exhaust will this work should i go with a 4" exhaust heat riser will be wrapped with header wrap to keep it simple
Back to top Go down
gadily

PostSubject: Re: 7gallon propane tank rocket   gallon - 7gallon propane tank rocket EmptyMon Dec 29, 2014 11:04 am

Measurements:  23.7" Height x 12.3" in Diameter
LPG Capacity:  7.1 Gallons

uk ones are 19kg for 800mm x 315mm

updated from the one above

i have tried it with a 19kg bottle

https://woodstoves.forumotion.co.uk/t395-help-needed-with-small-build-rs

4" vortex pipe and 4" flue pipe however my failure could be down to 2 things the height of the flue as i used a long length of flue and my burnbox being to big as i wanted a longer burn inside a firebox
Back to top Go down
ROACH

ROACH

PostSubject: re: 7 gallon propane tank   gallon - 7gallon propane tank rocket EmptyMon Dec 29, 2014 2:02 pm

my tank only has 15" left i cut the top off witch would only give me one more inch what i would will it work should i change now as far my exhaust pipe goes, it is going into a 8" 20' flue it should draw good or to much i dont know
Back to top Go down
gadily

PostSubject: Re: 7gallon propane tank rocket   gallon - 7gallon propane tank rocket EmptyMon Dec 29, 2014 8:48 pm

roach i believe your after something small in a wood burner but im not sure which model your after

heres a few to decide upon

the one above

https://woodstoves.forumotion.co.uk/t326-dyno-v-stove-update

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ovu4pujg3b9jtwm/20140624_220027.mp4

Back to top Go down
gadily

PostSubject: Re: 7gallon propane tank rocket   gallon - 7gallon propane tank rocket EmptyMon Dec 29, 2014 8:56 pm

what i have found out its the mass of air that you need to move inside of the gas bottle not enough hot air rising will not move that mass of cold air out of the system up the chimney

the reason why turbo vortex works and also the fire extinguisher stove is because of very little mass of air inside of them

the dyno v works on this concept however t2h used a 6x6 fire box whilst i used 120mm box which is 4 3/4" i found it was ample enough if using wood pellets but the ashes with wood caused a problem as my firebox wasnt large enough
Back to top Go down
ROACH

ROACH

PostSubject: re: 7 gallon propane tank   gallon - 7gallon propane tank rocket EmptyMon Dec 29, 2014 9:38 pm

if you look at tritowns propane heater on you tube i wanted to  keep it small keep it simple with lot of heat also theres  one with a pellet basket with a hole in the center i think that might work i  wont need the extra air just looking to see if it will work with an ash box below pellet basket
Back to top Go down
gadily

PostSubject: Re: 7gallon propane tank rocket   gallon - 7gallon propane tank rocket EmptyMon Dec 29, 2014 9:48 pm

Back to top Go down
ROACH

ROACH

PostSubject: Re: 7gallon propane tank rocket   gallon - 7gallon propane tank rocket EmptyMon Dec 29, 2014 9:56 pm

Back to top Go down
lionheart

PostSubject: Re: 7gallon propane tank rocket   gallon - 7gallon propane tank rocket EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 1:37 am

Mine is not one to be to proud of, lol Main mistake was not having the burn tube 1/3 the length of riser. I works and gets hot but it is tempermental and requires to much attention, except when I burn oak or any other hard wood. I struggle to hold 300 degrees on top with cheap pine ( lumber cut ups), with hard wood I can hold 475-500. Never got it any hotter than that. Plus my grate takes up 1/2 the burn tube so I loose air intake in the burn chamber after 6 hrs or so. I didnt build a ash pan in the design.
Back to top Go down
ROACH

ROACH

PostSubject: re: 7 gallon propane tank   gallon - 7gallon propane tank rocket EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 6:20 am

why would you need 1/3 of your riser mine in almost the same size 1 inch differance
Back to top Go down
gadily

PostSubject: Re: 7gallon propane tank rocket   gallon - 7gallon propane tank rocket EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 9:18 am

tritowns warns you on how it needs to be started

I did finally figure out that I need to get it burning as deep in the fire tube as possible to get it good and hot before I let the fire move forward to the vertical feed. been watching your videos now... very good information there..

however the burn tube fills up with ash therefore cutting off your feed if your not careful

that would mean you would need a clean out door

lionheart needed to create 1/3 of burntube before the core tube but kept it short instead this dosnt give enough pull before the core tube the feeder tube is different

5 gallon propane rocket burner

Back to top Go down
ROACH

ROACH

PostSubject: Re: 7gallon propane tank rocket   gallon - 7gallon propane tank rocket EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 1:25 pm

the last two is what i was looking for but my burn chamber is differnt if you look at one on you tube with the basket with the hole in the middle is what i am going to use and the ash tray at the bottom of burn chamber if tryingtohard is looking at this it will be air tight on the feed tube and ash tray the air will be at the center of burn chamber will shut it down when have to empty ash tray
Back to top Go down
ROACH

ROACH

PostSubject: Re: 7gallon propane tank rocket   gallon - 7gallon propane tank rocket EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 1:48 pm

Back to top Go down
ROACH

ROACH

PostSubject: Re: 7gallon propane tank rocket   gallon - 7gallon propane tank rocket EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 2:02 pm

this burn tube is the same size as mine do you think it will work on this config with a 3" exhaust
Back to top Go down
ROACH

ROACH

PostSubject: 7gallon propane tank rocket   gallon - 7gallon propane tank rocket EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 4:02 pm

OK getting ready to put this thing together does any one know if this thing is going to work or not
Back to top Go down
gadily

PostSubject: Re: 7gallon propane tank rocket   gallon - 7gallon propane tank rocket EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 6:53 pm

its all in your hands now as you build it up thats the fun of rocket building

we can offer advice to your builds its up to you if you build them and which design that you choose

it should work at 3" but 4 " starts better

all that we ask is when building it up please take an odd photo of it being built and then a final video to show it working also it shows any help that you may need
Back to top Go down
ROACH

ROACH

PostSubject: Re: 7gallon propane tank rocket   gallon - 7gallon propane tank rocket EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 3:12 pm

ok i tried to upload a pic. it wont let of my rocket in progress it was a sucess
Back to top Go down
gadily

PostSubject: Re: 7gallon propane tank rocket   gallon - 7gallon propane tank rocket EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 8:04 pm

for uploading pics or video on site

https://woodstoves.forumotion.co.uk/t566-posting-pics-and-youtube-videos-on-site

it sometimes plays up but its fine usually
Back to top Go down
ROACH

ROACH

PostSubject: re: 7 gallon propane tank   gallon - 7gallon propane tank rocket EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 3:05 am

gallon - 7gallon propane tank rocket Rocket14this was my first test before i put the tank on i had to ad the piping to direct the flames away i tried with pallet wood it just smoked bad so i tried pellets it worked greati had 4 foot flames coming out
Back to top Go down
gadily

PostSubject: Re: 7gallon propane tank rocket   gallon - 7gallon propane tank rocket EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 3:16 am

would i be thinking that you have used the secondary air coming down the vortex tube before entering the vortex tube
as an interesting idea

i see that you have tried the method of a wood burner gas bottle in back ground as well
Back to top Go down
ROACH

ROACH

PostSubject: re: 7 gallon propane tank   gallon - 7gallon propane tank rocket EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 3:22 am

the wood burner in the back ground was a ten minute mistake it will be changed into another rocket stove later i am not much of a welder
Back to top Go down
gadily

PostSubject: Re: 7gallon propane tank rocket   gallon - 7gallon propane tank rocket EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 3:27 am

with that spare part id cut the bottom off it and then create the front and back sides of ppottys design and fill inside of it with the spares from it

as i have the same bottle im doing exactly what ive just suggested to you and then making the vortex tube using some new methods that are being displayed on the forum

im pushing at teritory air new build with the vortex tube but i can close them off with a new build if they arnt pushing the heat up much higher by using the perlight cement mix
Back to top Go down
ROACH

ROACH

PostSubject: re: 7 gallon propane tank   gallon - 7gallon propane tank rocket EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 3:41 am

i thinking of pikkas design next look at idea 32 the other tank i was going with more a camping model with a top that goes on it to cook take it off to watch flames come out
Back to top Go down
gadily

PostSubject: Re: 7gallon propane tank rocket   gallon - 7gallon propane tank rocket EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 3:45 am

i went t2h design

https://woodstoves.forumotion.co.uk/t326-dyno-v-stove-update

mine is the green bottle the blue and green are the same size same thickness

only half of a bottle of a cut 6" height is used
Back to top Go down
ROACH

ROACH

PostSubject: re: 7 gallon propane tank   gallon - 7gallon propane tank rocket EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 3:48 am

so the round part was an old propane tank it look much bigger in the pics
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 7gallon propane tank rocket   gallon - 7gallon propane tank rocket Empty

Back to top Go down

7gallon propane tank rocket
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next