The Rocket Woodstove Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Rocket Woodstove Forum

Woodstove development using rocketstove technology

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Part of what I do...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
tritowns

Part of what I do...  Empty
PostSubject: Part of what I do...    Part of what I do...  EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 2:29 am

Part of what I do...  Gasser_zps16206428

a small scale personal fuel refinery that converts wood chips/wood waste into a gaseous fuel that can be used to power generators, pump water or any small gasoline engine up to 15 HP.
Back to top Go down
T2H
Admin
T2H

PostSubject: Re: Part of what I do...    Part of what I do...  EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 3:34 pm

Very, very nice!
Back to top Go down
ppotty1 Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Part of what I do...    Part of what I do...  EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 4:32 am

That's a nice looking set up tritown
Back to top Go down
https://woodstoves.forumotion.co.uk
tritowns

PostSubject: Re: Part of what I do...    Part of what I do...  EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 5:57 am

thanks, i will at some point build one for my pick up
Back to top Go down
tritowns

PostSubject: Re: Part of what I do...    Part of what I do...  EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 3:13 am

colour of flare and standard start up. I could start the gasser quicker, but then i'd have people saying i started it on gasoline... been there done that.

this is typical for this gasifier... it is very reliable.
Back to top Go down
tritowns

PostSubject: Re: Part of what I do...    Part of what I do...  EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 7:57 am

Part of what I do...  PIC_4907_zps30c01ebe

revamping an older gasser with new internals, air preheat, and grate system... hopefully I'll get to flare it soon.... the small barrel is a settling chamber/cooler... I'll build a proper cooler and filter train to run engines with it.
Back to top Go down
jameshookway

jameshookway

PostSubject: Re: Part of what I do...    Part of what I do...  EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 9:30 am

Is the idea to sell these?

James
Back to top Go down
tritowns

PostSubject: Re: Part of what I do...    Part of what I do...  EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 2:58 pm

The company I work for sells them....
Back to top Go down
T2H
Admin
T2H

PostSubject: Re: Part of what I do...    Part of what I do...  EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 4:37 pm

Now that is some impressive production man, as well magnificent blue flame.

Thanks for taking the time to do a video of the request I made.
Back to top Go down
tritowns

PostSubject: Re: Part of what I do...    Part of what I do...  EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 12:23 am

that is an older video... there is more red in that fire than it looks... I don't have a problem with that as the flame is very transparent and there is now steam.

also, if you're are getting full reduction you are make more than just hydrogen so there should be more than just blue, orange is thought to be soot and well yellow typically indicates tar.

I did flare the unit i've been working on by pushing on it instead of pulling... the lid wasn't clamped down so there was a lot of leakage... still had a very impressive purple/blue flame... If i can find a pipe cap I'll be able to flare and make some video of it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Part of what I do...    Part of what I do...  Empty

Back to top Go down

Part of what I do...
Page 1 of 1