The Rocket Woodstove Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Rocket Woodstove Forum

Woodstove development using rocketstove technology

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Newbe from ICE cold Norway. Planning to build a huge rocket stove to heat my house.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
prinsmikal

rocket - Newbe from ICE cold Norway. Planning to build a huge rocket stove to heat my house. Empty
PostSubject: Newbe from ICE cold Norway. Planning to build a huge rocket stove to heat my house.   rocket - Newbe from ICE cold Norway. Planning to build a huge rocket stove to heat my house. EmptyFri Dec 11, 2015 9:08 am

I've been looking through youtube videos, and checking out lots of designs. Came over this forum - linked from a video. Thanks a buch for this. With this forum we can really get together and share our experience.

I will post my drawings when i am finished with them. Right now I'm painting and building in my head. Kind of the visual type of guy.

So - my plans is as follows.

making a huge rocket stove. feed from the top. My feeder will be 2-3 meter high. There I can put anything that I want to burn, from leaves to logs 1-2 meters long.

I'm planning to put my outlet from my ventilation system be the inlet of air to my rocket stove. This to keep some of the heat from that air - to help get the stove as hot as possible. Hopefully around 1500 degrees.

I got an idea from a really nice french guy: Chaillot Barnabé to preheat the air that will get into the stove by letting the air go past the burning chamber before it is used to burn the fule. also drill some holes to lett some of the air enter the chamber to get a secondary burn, to burn most of the gases. Want as clean fumes as possible.

I'm planning on building the rocket stove in or under the floor of my garage. so to put it inside concrete/a special type of sand.

To collect the heat, i was planning on using first a copper tube.. then one or two radiatorer from cars... pumping the water to my pool. and then have a water based heat pump collecting what ever heat I need to the house from the pool.

I would be really happy to get any input on my ideas.
Back to top Go down
gadily

rocket - Newbe from ICE cold Norway. Planning to build a huge rocket stove to heat my house. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbe from ICE cold Norway. Planning to build a huge rocket stove to heat my house.   rocket - Newbe from ICE cold Norway. Planning to build a huge rocket stove to heat my house. EmptyFri Dec 11, 2015 10:43 am

welcome to the forums

a 2-3 metre high logs in a feeder is going to be some feat in itself

weve seen some and some have had issues of burn backs up there filling system before now

garys system is ample enough to cover a good range of logs being used ppottys system is powerful enough and im aware of another system that can do it via a batch box

ive known concrete explode just with normal wood fires on top of them there is other mixtures that you can use to get desired effect

standared concrete for the burn chamber is a big no its way to hot inside of there

however a boiler build using the rocket burner technology is a big option to be used and should produce a hell of amount of heat for water as well as air heating as well
Back to top Go down
T2H
Admin
T2H

PostSubject: Re: Newbe from ICE cold Norway. Planning to build a huge rocket stove to heat my house.   rocket - Newbe from ICE cold Norway. Planning to build a huge rocket stove to heat my house. EmptyMon Dec 21, 2015 10:14 am

Welcome I had forefathers sail from Norway to America on a Viking ship.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newbe from ICE cold Norway. Planning to build a huge rocket stove to heat my house.   rocket - Newbe from ICE cold Norway. Planning to build a huge rocket stove to heat my house. Empty

Back to top Go down

Newbe from ICE cold Norway. Planning to build a huge rocket stove to heat my house.
Page 1 of 1