The Rocket Woodstove Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Rocket Woodstove Forum

Woodstove development using rocketstove technology

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rocket Stove Pellet Heater

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
rom1nb

Rocket Stove Pellet Heater Empty
PostSubject: Rocket Stove Pellet Heater   Rocket Stove Pellet Heater EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 9:16 am

Rocket Stove Pellet Burner, i still have some work to do on it .
if you have any suggestion to improve my design your welcome
Back to top Go down
gadily

PostSubject: Re: Rocket Stove Pellet Heater   Rocket Stove Pellet Heater EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 9:54 am

have a look at wiseway pellet stove may give you an idea its on utube

burn chamber is 3" steel box section is 3,1/2" 4" in certain areas

oh forgot to say burn times 1 bag of pellets 36 hrs or 12/14 hrs high burn i just dont like all that heat lost in the chimney
Back to top Go down
brad j

PostSubject: Re: Rocket Stove Pellet Heater   Rocket Stove Pellet Heater EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 12:08 pm

The top of that tank should be almost as hot as the burn chamber. I would get that secondary air in and see what that does before moving the pellet chute. My secondary air comes in the bottom of the tank goes up the riser and welded to it as much as possible. It then goes down the center just above my vortex generators. Below my burn chamber is filled with silica sand, my riser (4") and secondary air are surrounded by 6" stove pipe and filled with sand also. It takes a while to heat up, but once it does it burns hot as hell. My secondary is 3/4 black pipe with no holes, just open. I was also thinking you could weld a pipe vertically down the outside of the tank centered above your burn chamber, bring the air in a few inches from the large tank. It should keep that air hot enough as long as you get it welded good. Also if you make it extend up to where the tank curves it will pull at least as hot as the top. Well hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
Kevin Bacon

PostSubject: Re: Rocket Stove Pellet Heater   Rocket Stove Pellet Heater EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 3:34 am

If you insulate the burn chamber, you may make a tremendous difference without changing a thing.
Looks great!
Back to top Go down
http://PorcupineForge.com
kelhawk1

PostSubject: Re: Rocket Stove Pellet Heater   Rocket Stove Pellet Heater EmptySat May 30, 2015 10:53 am

I am concerned no one noticed the safety issue with your pellet hopper configuration. I don't think adding the extension to the hopper riser will totally eliminate your burn back into the hopper issue. If air can be sucked in from the hopper, the fire will move towards the incoming air. Just like when you back burn a hay field on the downwind end, the fire will move slowly towards the air. The extension just gives you a longer chimney when it eventually happens.
I woke in my tiny house at 2:30 a.m. one night to find a foot or more of flames coming out of the 4x6" galv. reducer I jammed into the hopper for an extension. Lucky it was empty, and as soon as I knocked it off my pellet feed opening, the flames subsided to a safe level. Never again.
I think the reason your burn back stopped may be you simply haven't burned it long enough. It will just take longer with the extension. Be very careful if you leave it this way. I would suggest move the hopper off the stove and feed stove with a piece of tubing like ZeroFossilFuel does in his pellet basket video. 3" snaplock vent pipe worked good for me, but try to do it better than I did  in this picture. I will too.

Rocket Stove Pellet Heater P0527110

From my experience your pellet basket is way too far from the riser opening for decent temps. By actually intruding into the riser opening, my stove can be set up to burn 4 lbs per hour easily. Like I said, be careful.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rocket Stove Pellet Heater   Rocket Stove Pellet Heater Empty

Back to top Go down

Rocket Stove Pellet Heater
Page 1 of 1