The Rocket Woodstove Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Rocket Woodstove Forum

Woodstove development using rocketstove technology

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

turbo rocket stove 2 build

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
gadily

turbo rocket stove 2 build Empty
PostSubject: turbo rocket stove 2 build   turbo rocket stove 2 build EmptyThu Oct 06, 2016 4:53 am

ive ripped the old one out and needed to get this one in as soon as possible for winter

ive gone small with this build as been cooked out of the shed with the last one

the firebox is bigger going into a 4 3/4" burn tunnel then into the 4" vortex tube this build also has an ash pan for collection of ashes and thats 3"

turbo rocket stove 2 build 20161012

turbo rocket stove 2 build 20161014

i havent decided on where to put the heat tubes as of yet but I am installing them

this is before clean off and finish the welding off

Last edited by gadily on Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
caotropheus
Subscribers
Subscribers

PostSubject: Re: turbo rocket stove 2 build   turbo rocket stove 2 build EmptyFri Oct 07, 2016 1:18 pm

Looking forward to see the finished stove burning some wood...
Back to top Go down
ROACH

ROACH

PostSubject: new rocket stove build   turbo rocket stove 2 build EmptySun Oct 09, 2016 3:31 pm

hey can you look into some termoelectric fans to put into the walls it just look like it would work good for this one
Back to top Go down
gadily

PostSubject: Re: turbo rocket stove 2 build   turbo rocket stove 2 build EmptyMon Oct 10, 2016 4:49 am

im considering using 4 internal tubes like garys system has on his, with the option of piping them higher in a ducting system

i can also add another air chamber at the front of the system, but suspect i could only get 6 tubes or 5 depending on what box section that i use

as goes for the top of the vortex tube i was considering doing a plate over this separate to the main system i sort of like garys glass idea, but it also means i can choose 2 ways either steel plate it or use a firebrick to stop the heat damaging the top of the stove

the red X i havent decided weather to do it above or below the top of the system

then it would be an easy fix to replace that part every time

the purple is an extra heat output area if needed

turbo rocket stove 2 build Gaz_r210

ive just bent the top box today in 3mm steel the size is 8" x 11" for the top box i can use 1,1/2" box section leaving a gap between walls and the vortex tube of 3/4" either side

its me pushing at t2h's turbo system to get as much as possible from it whilst being small built
Back to top Go down
ROACH

ROACH

PostSubject: new rocket stove build   turbo rocket stove 2 build EmptyMon Oct 10, 2016 12:55 pm

Back to top Go down
gadily

PostSubject: Re: turbo rocket stove 2 build   turbo rocket stove 2 build EmptyFri Oct 21, 2016 6:36 am

interesting is that one but id use that down the range of a downdraft system

anyway for this design ive changed a few things

the firebox is only 9"x9"x10 1/2" 5mm steel

the internals is 18" stainless steel 3mm riser with a 4 3/4" burn tube 6" in total to half of the riser tube so from the firebox to the riser its only 4" I suspect any lower and you would get a different flow into the vortex tube

the heat at full power has reached with one load 860F on a 6mm top plate this was tested unfinished to see its output the flue temp on exit of the shed is 250F and 100+ at the door chimney so as you can see its hot

im still being cooked out of it even with the small system that im using now and thats without the air tubes inside of the box im doing a dual test one without the tubes and one with the tubes just to see the output gain of the system

im nearly finished on the build just sides to go on and the firebox plate to weld up and fit the ash door is made and i just need to install the firebox ash grill

last of all an ash pan to build
Back to top Go down
gadily

PostSubject: Re: turbo rocket stove 2 build   turbo rocket stove 2 build EmptyWed Oct 26, 2016 11:13 am

as you can see im nearly complete on this however ive clocked 1000f at the top of it during a little bit of windy times

turbo rocket stove 2 build 20161018

turbo rocket stove 2 build 20161019

however with my ash grill ive noted that it can cause issues with air under the wood so have had to learn to burn differently whilst starting it up again

however my 4" to the riser tube does work well with the system
Back to top Go down
gadily

PostSubject: Re: turbo rocket stove 2 build   turbo rocket stove 2 build EmptyFri Nov 18, 2016 7:05 am

on summary of this system before finish

it works well after a bit ackward to start but will sort those issues out as i finish this system off

ive clocked 930F and over 1000F on the top plate running flat out with a 6mm steel top plate

700F too 800F on the firebox front temperatures

smokeless yes most of the time but need to check system better once complete and sealed

Back to top Go down
gadily

PostSubject: Re: turbo rocket stove 2 build   turbo rocket stove 2 build EmptyMon Nov 21, 2016 2:20 am

these are the pics of the system in use

turbo rocket stove 2 build 20161110

turbo rocket stove 2 build 20161111
Back to top Go down
caotropheus
Subscribers
Subscribers

PostSubject: Re: turbo rocket stove 2 build   turbo rocket stove 2 build EmptyTue Nov 22, 2016 3:53 pm

Do you have videos of it working? how clean is the exhaust?
Back to top Go down
gadily

PostSubject: Re: turbo rocket stove 2 build   turbo rocket stove 2 build EmptySat Dec 03, 2016 8:50 am

the chimney is clean burn ive now named the rocket stove turbo rockets stove 2 as is an update to t2h turbo rocket system with firebox and a bigger heat exchanger

it does hit 1000F on start up of system and then settles out at around 800F does go lower if i lower the preheated air input into system

this system will heat an area of 11ft x 9ft x 8ft high no insulation on building but can heat a much bigger area just as it stands with the tubes inserted it can heat a much bigger area than this as its really warm in the building

both videos are 22 mins long

part 1

part 2

part 3 outside view on start up and running of system

part 4

9pm come in checked at 11.20pm temperatue still at 72F degres no fire inside of the firebox using pinewood to burn using 6x2" beams
Back to top Go down
T2H
Admin
T2H

PostSubject: Re: turbo rocket stove 2 build   turbo rocket stove 2 build EmptyFri Dec 16, 2016 4:20 pm

Wow gadily that was a major build man!
I bet you are staying nice and toasty with that one!
Well done man, glad to see you are sticking with it.

Back to top Go down
gadily

PostSubject: Re: turbo rocket stove 2 build   turbo rocket stove 2 build EmptySat Dec 31, 2016 11:14 pm

just to let you know so far all my builds dont use any insulation around the riser tube as to my belief it can help aiding the rise of heat up the chimney

yes some heat is lost up the chimney but if required a preheater can be installed within the chimney could be implemented on the pre heating of primary air to the system

the heat exchanger is 22" high x 17 1/2" to the front including the firebox

the final video once system has been learnt how to use it and its settings whilst renewing new firewood into the system the system does stay smokeless

Back to top Go down
chopit

PostSubject: Re: turbo rocket stove 2 build   turbo rocket stove 2 build EmptyTue Jan 01, 2019 9:06 pm

saving this one for ref thats a nice bit of work gadily
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: turbo rocket stove 2 build   turbo rocket stove 2 build Empty

Back to top Go down

turbo rocket stove 2 build
Page 1 of 1