The Rocket Woodstove Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Rocket Woodstove Forum

Woodstove development using rocketstove technology

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Newbie to Log burners

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Scaniadriver

Newbie to Log burners Empty
PostSubject: Newbie to Log burners   Newbie to Log burners EmptySun Feb 10, 2019 10:07 am

Hi Every one

I have just joined this group for ideas on how to make my Multifuel Stove more efficient, all i seem to do is throw money at bags of small logs from a local shop, yes it does warm the house and heat water, i have just had the stove put in as no natural gas in the area so all Electricity, i can light the stove normally then put logs on but within about 45 mins throw more logs on, the house soon cools down and then start again the next day. as soon as the pipes from the stove get hot i put the pump on to push the hot water around the radiators but the heat never seems to last the night or keep the radiators hot... My main fear is flames going up the lined chimney and having a chimney fire.  Any advice would be useful and cut the cost of wood, i use to have access to pallets but that has stopped..

Cheers . Spike
Back to top Go down
gadily

Newbie to Log burners Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie to Log burners   Newbie to Log burners EmptyWed Feb 13, 2019 12:59 am

id suggest looking at garys stove

however garys stove dosnt heat water just the air in the building

as goes for rocket stove final air output its not hot enough yes you get some fine smoke up your chimney but thats just at start off when lighting your stove

mostly its just fine ash there as ive noticed nothing really wet in creosote effect clumpy

https://woodstoves.forumotion.co.uk/t839-thoughts-on-2nd-year-burning-batch-rocket-stove
Back to top Go down

Newbie to Log burners
Page 1 of 1