The Rocket Woodstove Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Rocket Woodstove Forum

Woodstove development using rocketstove technology

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My latest endeavor...The Omega Stove!

Go down 
+2
caotropheus
Kevin Bacon
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Kevin Bacon

My latest endeavor...The Omega Stove! Empty
PostSubject: My latest endeavor...The Omega Stove!   My latest endeavor...The Omega Stove! EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 1:34 pm

Back to top Go down
http://PorcupineForge.com
caotropheus
Subscribers
Subscribers

PostSubject: Re: My latest endeavor...The Omega Stove!   My latest endeavor...The Omega Stove! EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 3:14 pm

Nice stove Kevin. This is the first multi-compartment stove that I see that works efficiently. When I say multi-compartment it is short section stove components, connected by 90 degree turns. My first test on the multi-compartment downdraft rocket stove was a complete failure, probably because I was trying to build the combustion chamber above all the other components.
Back to top Go down
Bezman

Bezman

PostSubject: Re: My latest endeavor...The Omega Stove!   My latest endeavor...The Omega Stove! EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 6:40 pm

Morning Kevin,

Nice stove in that video. Really interesting idea these tubular burners without the 'bottles' to enclose them. It gives them a really raw emergency situation look, not too far off of one of the youtube comments.

Thanks for sharing.

Bezman
Back to top Go down
brad j

PostSubject: Re: My latest endeavor...The Omega Stove!   My latest endeavor...The Omega Stove! EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 11:20 am

I like it. Small with high output. How long are the burn times? Have you tried dampening the air coming in? I would be curious to see if you get different temps.
Back to top Go down
id stitch

PostSubject: Re: My latest endeavor...The Omega Stove!   My latest endeavor...The Omega Stove! EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 12:17 pm

Mr. Bacon. Have you ever considered the possibility of combining your Omega design with a "Russian or European type Stove"? In other words go one better than the Rocket Mass stove. Surround the burn chamber with brick and mortar to store heat so that it would radiate heat throughout the day. Just wanted to ask. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
gadily

PostSubject: Re: My latest endeavor...The Omega Stove!   My latest endeavor...The Omega Stove! EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 9:31 pm

thanks for posting kevin was very interesting

ive got to laugh at the part with the butane propane touches though been there so many times where the things just will not light when you want them to do

i also like the idea of 2 things with the build heat and cooking area which in my eyes is what we are needing more a multi use system from wood burning
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My latest endeavor...The Omega Stove!   My latest endeavor...The Omega Stove! Empty

Back to top Go down

My latest endeavor...The Omega Stove!
Page 1 of 1