The Rocket Woodstove Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Rocket Woodstove Forum

Woodstove development using rocketstove technology

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

rocket stove lounger seating area

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
gadily

rocket stove lounger seating area Empty
PostSubject: rocket stove lounger seating area   rocket stove lounger seating area EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 6:37 am

theres one thing i do like with these burners is that they can be adapted for a wide range of things

i do like the idea of a seating area that is warmed weather inside or outside heres a few that ive taken an interest in and liked these ideas

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: rocket stove lounger seating area   rocket stove lounger seating area EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 8:12 am

gadily, Great post !  Very Happy  Any idea as to when you are going to start your RS,BBQ, Fire pit ?  :?: I think a bigger viewing glass with a self cleaning window (air wash system), Would be da  bom !
Back to top Go down
Hitchhiker

PostSubject: Re: rocket stove lounger seating area   rocket stove lounger seating area EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 10:47 am

If we are talking about outdoor systems, I saw this last week and thought it was an interesting way to use the grate to circulate air inside the grill and double up as a hot plate. I guess you could always make it removable so that it could be used or not. Seems like a good way limit direct heat in order to smoke food though.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: rocket stove lounger seating area   rocket stove lounger seating area EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 11:04 am

hitchhiker, How do you use a RS BBQ like that one to smoke Food? I guess I am not knowing where you would be placing the favored wood chips? Maybe I am not on the same page as you, please explain more. Thanks, DK
Back to top Go down
Hitchhiker

PostSubject: Re: rocket stove lounger seating area   rocket stove lounger seating area EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 11:16 am

A larger container would be needed.  The wood chips ,in either foil or a metal box, would sit on the interior flat grate.  The grill rack would be raised up higher over the chips and flat grate.  The food could be smoked at temps on the grill rack.  Does that make any sense?  It is difficult to explain my ideas.  

I have never done anything like that.  Only an idea floating around.  The rocket stove in the video is too small.  I was only considering the use of the flat metal grate and hot gas circulation.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: rocket stove lounger seating area   rocket stove lounger seating area EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 11:23 am

Thanks Hitchhiker, I get the pic now. Very Happy  I have built fair size smokers in the past so I was curious as to how you would incorporate the smoke into that RS BBQ design.

I am sure it would work great for a hot smoke meat application, but for a cool slow smoke for fish, maybe not so good?
Back to top Go down
Hitchhiker

PostSubject: Re: rocket stove lounger seating area   rocket stove lounger seating area EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 11:50 am

I have never cold smoked food before with a rocket stove so I wouldn't have a clue.   😢 

Sorry for the thread drift.  Speaking of benches for rockets, somewhere on the internet I saw an inground circular brick seating area heated with a chiminea.  That concept could easily be transferred to rocket stove heating.  There are a zillion ways to design your benches, gadily.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: rocket stove lounger seating area   rocket stove lounger seating area EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 1:00 pm

Hitchhiker, I was under the impression that Thread drifting was encouraged in the Lounge! :lol:  :P  cheers

If we are to build from the concept of an in ground circular brick seating area heated with a Chiminea? How about filling it up with water after ?  :P 

Bezman had chatted with me about building a RS that would heat his above ground pool, I thought that was cool!  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Hitchhiker

PostSubject: Re: rocket stove lounger seating area   rocket stove lounger seating area EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 2:12 pm

A hot tub!  Ha ha.  That is mentioned often online but I haven't seen an end result yet.  Would be interesting.

I bought a table top grill on clearance this weekend.  Most likely, I will be trying out different rocket/gasifier scenarios with it once the weather warms up.  So I may be posting "drifts" until then.  Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: rocket stove lounger seating area   rocket stove lounger seating area EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 4:46 am

Hitchhicker, Maybe you could post some pics or video of you firing that new Bad Boy for us? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Hitchhiker

PostSubject: Re: rocket stove lounger seating area   rocket stove lounger seating area EmptySat Jan 18, 2014 12:24 am

I will try, Dk. I am in the middle of winter so all I can do is sit back and watch it snow.

I hope Gadily comes back to this thread.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: rocket stove lounger seating area   rocket stove lounger seating area EmptySat Jan 18, 2014 7:15 am

I would be telling an untruth if I was to say, I had never BBQ in the winter before. When  I get a craving for my BBQ chicken marinade, After 2 days in the marinade that bird has to find it's way to the grill, Rain or Shine !  :P 

If the weather gets to bad out, I have been known to hang a trap over everything. Yes, my BBQ chicken is worth all the trouble to be able to cook it properly!  Very Happy  cheers
Back to top Go down
Hitchhiker

PostSubject: Re: rocket stove lounger seating area   rocket stove lounger seating area EmptySat Jan 18, 2014 7:54 am

A little winter stir crazy here. I may try smoking some food this weekend, not on a rocket.
Back to top Go down
Hitchhiker

PostSubject: Re: rocket stove lounger seating area   rocket stove lounger seating area EmptySat Jan 18, 2014 9:30 am

dkwelder wrote:
I would be telling an untruth if I was to say, I had never BBQ in the winter before. When  I get a craving for my BBQ chicken marinade, After 2 days in the marinade that bird has to find it's way to the grill, Rain or Shine !  :P 

If the weather gets to bad out, I have been known to hang a trap over everything. Yes, my BBQ chicken is worth all the trouble to be able to cook it properly!  Very Happy  cheers

What are you cooking the BBQ on?
Back to top Go down
gadily

PostSubject: Re: rocket stove lounger seating area   rocket stove lounger seating area EmptySat Jan 18, 2014 12:07 pm

hey im always around the forum

but first i need to build my first rocket burner but i do understand how they work and understand the plumbing side of them

as goes for building one i was building one in the garden i have but other factors have taken hold and i wont be here much longer

otherwise i may still build 1 or 2 depends on how much i can get around someone on that as its bad enough trying to coax someone who used the old wood fires years ago to consider the new scale versions of them to lower the cost of the gas been used therefore the gas system as a back up system
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: rocket stove lounger seating area   rocket stove lounger seating area EmptySat Jan 18, 2014 1:45 pm

Hitchhiker,The Grill I use isn't anything unique or fancy, Its and old stainless steel gas grill with cast iron grates. The gas burner part of the grill was rotted out so I changed it over to a briquette fired grill, I also like to use cured hard wood like Ash or Oak.

I don't know for sure if I would be able to BBQ my chicken on a RS design type of grill because of how the chicken gets cooked. I cook the chicken at a lower temp for a much longer period of time, more like smoking a cured turkey or ham.

Glad to see gadily back with us , now that we have taken his thread topic into a whole new direction. :roll:
Back to top Go down
gadily

PostSubject: Re: rocket stove lounger seating area   rocket stove lounger seating area EmptyThu Apr 10, 2014 8:08 am

heres an interesting one i like the build though and interesting part is at each stage of the build

Back to top Go down
Hitchhiker

PostSubject: Re: rocket stove lounger seating area   rocket stove lounger seating area EmptyThu Apr 10, 2014 8:49 am

I wish I had that in my backyard!  Keep 'em coming, Gadily!

Oh, and it was nice to see that arch mold technique in use.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: rocket stove lounger seating area   rocket stove lounger seating area Empty

Back to top Go down

rocket stove lounger seating area
Page 1 of 1