The Rocket Woodstove Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Rocket Woodstove Forum

Woodstove development using rocketstove technology

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

fire extinguisher rocket stove

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
gadily

stove - fire extinguisher rocket stove Empty
PostSubject: fire extinguisher rocket stove   stove - fire extinguisher rocket stove EmptyFri May 30, 2014 11:37 pm

i can get loads of these so thought id have a look on youtube see if any had been made

nice idea small and compact
Back to top Go down
JeffJetisoned

PostSubject: Re: fire extinguisher rocket stove   stove - fire extinguisher rocket stove EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 7:47 am

Nothing wrong with free. I keep bringing home metal, boxes, tubes, and pipes that I find at garage sales or junking. The price of metal now a days is outragous. Also by doing this I can mock up several stove designs before I start spending even more money welding and fabbing and at worse, I can wait for price of steel to rise and sell it at junkyard. I have been looking for a big stainless steel compressed oxygen tank and will find one someday.
Back to top Go down
gadily

PostSubject: Re: fire extinguisher rocket stove   stove - fire extinguisher rocket stove EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 10:42 am

hey jeff you should try uk sodding prices on steel its a ripoff here

rough idea 2000 x 1000 x 5mm sheet steel 85.68 including vat

50 x 5mm 6 meters flat bar 14.52

your 150mm x 150mm x 5mm 7.5m box section 192.00

then again im trying to decide which steels we use the most is it

5mm, 3mm sheet steel
stainless steel tube and pipe or in sheet instead though thin sheet is a swine to weld
Back to top Go down
JeffJetisoned

PostSubject: Re: fire extinguisher rocket stove   stove - fire extinguisher rocket stove EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 12:05 pm

Lol..it's the metric system...I had to convert today at work which I don't have to do to often.. the calibration perameters(sp) were only in metric increments on the machine I was working on..it's funny cause I know I am probably a minority in this language. If we could of seen eye to eye several years ago..I would only need one set of sockets, rachets, drivers, and wrenches in my tool box and would easily understand the measurements you just give me. In any case, it's expensive just to weld. I admire the guys for designing and welding experimental machines and stoves together, and if I was smarter I guess I would do the same...but until then, I guess I'll just watch and learn, but would like to contribute what I can..if nothing else..I'll be there for moral support. What a great forum!
Back to top Go down
gadily

PostSubject: Re: fire extinguisher rocket stove   stove - fire extinguisher rocket stove EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 2:02 am

i was taught on the old metric here so im more used to it than most mm is sometimes more a pain in the arse than doing it the other way instead

ive just got another load of fire extingushers and cut them up ready to weld however im not sure weather to use 4" or 3" inside of them

on an after thought could be worth considering a small build on a downdraft gasifier like the kimberly but properly in a downdraft mode i suspect it would make it much hotter going this way
Back to top Go down
T2H
Admin
T2H

PostSubject: Re: fire extinguisher rocket stove   stove - fire extinguisher rocket stove EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 3:37 am

You could experiment with creating a stove with them that lays the tanks on their side.

Did you see my horizontal rocket stove design?

Back to top Go down
gadily

PostSubject: Re: fire extinguisher rocket stove   stove - fire extinguisher rocket stove EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 4:53 am

ive caught most of your builds hell ive downloaded the ones that took more of an interest off youtube but ive only taken more of an interest since sanctioned and getting nothin so it would be this time last year since i came into the wood burning stove idea and then progressing into building one now building a few of them

Back to top Go down
JeffJetisoned

PostSubject: Re: fire extinguisher rocket stove   stove - fire extinguisher rocket stove EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 8:24 pm

Let me know how the extinguishers work for ya. I am all for using something that someone is throwing away and beleive there is tons of these types of materials that could come in handy for a number of different projects and applications.
Back to top Go down
Hitchhiker

PostSubject: Re: fire extinguisher rocket stove   stove - fire extinguisher rocket stove EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 8:53 pm

They are great in an emergency but too top heavy for constant use.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: fire extinguisher rocket stove   stove - fire extinguisher rocket stove Empty

Back to top Go down

fire extinguisher rocket stove
Page 1 of 1