The Rocket Woodstove Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Rocket Woodstove Forum

Woodstove development using rocketstove technology

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rocket stove cooker with secondary air

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
T2H
Admin
T2H

Rocket stove cooker with secondary air Empty
PostSubject: Rocket stove cooker with secondary air   Rocket stove cooker with secondary air EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 5:03 am

Here is a very small rocket stove cooker I put together that was inspired by ppotty1's observations of another individules rocket stove cooker.

We were talking about his stove and how it would start to smoke pretty good after he would load fresh fuel onto the fire.

ppotty1 said he knew why this was happening, it was due to a coal bed being developed and he was right, I came up with an idea based on his observation as well an idea I took from a couple of other people.
The issue I found was after a coal bed developed when adding fuel to my rocket stove cooker it would smoke pretty bad for a good twenty or thirty seconds, I did not want this in a stove.

So I tried a modification with secondary air holes and an ash box and got some very good results, even over a hundred degree temp gain by doing so.

Back to top Go down
caotropheus
Subscribers
Subscribers

PostSubject: Re: Rocket stove cooker with secondary air   Rocket stove cooker with secondary air EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 7:40 pm

Nice stove. I build something similar and the smoke was bugging me a bit. I have to try the coals dump and see what happens...
Back to top Go down
JeffJetisoned

PostSubject: Re: Rocket stove cooker with secondary air   Rocket stove cooker with secondary air EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 11:01 am

Good one. This would be a nice addition for my kayak trailer and camping. I camped with my 7 year old son this weekend and didn't have a camp fire at all. I did light the charcoal weber for some burgers on the grill but he didn't stay up late and temp was fine so I chose not to burn wood and admit that it felt good not to light a fire when I didn't need to. Even so, we will make up for it next weekend when all my freinds will be there and I did receive an invitation to a bon fire only four miles away while we were camping. But in the end, trying to save resources and the envirement is another great advantage to using stoves like these. Thanks for sharing.
Back to top Go down
T2H
Admin
T2H

PostSubject: Re: Rocket stove cooker with secondary air   Rocket stove cooker with secondary air EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 2:59 pm

Yes I agree fully Jeff, these little stoves take so little wood to produce a power punch of btu's.

One could gather twigs and sticks every day of the week and not run out of fuel.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rocket stove cooker with secondary air   Rocket stove cooker with secondary air Empty

Back to top Go down

Rocket stove cooker with secondary air
Page 1 of 1