The Rocket Woodstove Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Rocket Woodstove Forum

Woodstove development using rocketstove technology

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

7gallon propane tank rocket

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
gadily

rocket - 7gallon propane tank rocket - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 7gallon propane tank rocket   rocket - 7gallon propane tank rocket - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 10:47 pm

roach with your welds take a look at my link please could help you out much better

https://woodstoves.forumotion.co.uk/t86-mig-welding

as goes for welds a nice ground down does help

i like the idea of both wood and pellets

Back to top Go down
Lizard

PostSubject: Re: 7gallon propane tank rocket   rocket - 7gallon propane tank rocket - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 3:25 am

I sux at welding also and I'll be cleaning up my welds with a grind before finish coat as gadily stated " for welds a nice ground down does help ".  You should have seen my first 2 cuts with the plasma cutter....I should have practiced before I started cutting with it!! silent
It really helps to have the metal clean before mig welding, which I don't always do.
Back to top Go down
ROACH

ROACH

PostSubject: re: 7 gallon propane tank   rocket - 7gallon propane tank rocket - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 4:42 am

i was having a problem with wire feed is not was not right it stops in the middle of welding it was pissing me off what can you expect from harbor freight welder
Back to top Go down
gadily

PostSubject: Re: 7gallon propane tank rocket   rocket - 7gallon propane tank rocket - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 4:48 am

these are the usual causes for wire mig feeding

take a look at your inner cable as this wears down it jams the wire as your welding

also another subject is check your swan neck on mig after this problem consider your motor at fault
Back to top Go down
ROACH

ROACH

PostSubject: re: 7 gallon propane tank   rocket - 7gallon propane tank rocket - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 4:51 am

i did not grind anything most of the weld were ok i started to having problems with the wire speed it just stops just for a second i just wanted to get this finshed it was good for first build i will take more time on the next one
Back to top Go down
ROACH

ROACH

PostSubject: re: 7 gallon propane tank   rocket - 7gallon propane tank rocket - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 4:54 am

there is changes i would make on the next one the feed tube at 22 degrees to keep it away from the tank it is a new harbor freight flux core 170 i tried to adjust the drive tension i will check it later also make sraighter cuts take more time kepp in mind i was working in the driveway no shop to work in it sucks
Back to top Go down
Lizard

PostSubject: Re: 7gallon propane tank rocket   rocket - 7gallon propane tank rocket - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 7:10 am

Roach, What's the rectangle piece of metal that's welded to the front of your tank between the tank and the feed box?
Back to top Go down
ROACH

ROACH

PostSubject: re: 7 gallon propane tank   rocket - 7gallon propane tank rocket - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 10:56 am

that is my heat sink it is full of perlite stuffed in there keeps the temp to where my pellets dont get to hot i have it running now it is putting out alot of heat this went into the house the pipe went into the fireplace flue
Back to top Go down
Lizard

PostSubject: Re: 7gallon propane tank rocket   rocket - 7gallon propane tank rocket - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 12:55 am

OK. I kept looking at it thinking it was something for pulling hot air for an intake or something.

Do you have a video of it fired up and running?
Back to top Go down
ROACH

ROACH

PostSubject: re: 7 gallon propane tank   rocket - 7gallon propane tank rocket - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 3:16 am

not yet i started it up this morning it took one minute to take off no smoke comming out of vent
Back to top Go down
ROACH

ROACH

PostSubject: re: 7 gallon propane tank   rocket - 7gallon propane tank rocket - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 5:32 pm

just had a problem with draft in my stove i found ash in the elbow of the exhaust enough to not draft up the pipe if someone puts one these in make sure to have a cleanout on the exit of your tank and on the elbow of your exhaust just found this so keep this in mind it smoked my house out no damage still stinks it will go away soon
Back to top Go down
gadily

PostSubject: Re: 7gallon propane tank rocket   rocket - 7gallon propane tank rocket - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 9:56 pm

thanks for your info roach

the system is that small it will put ash inside of the exhaust pipe its same with the dyno v system

also watch out for this with pellets

Back to top Go down
ROACH

ROACH

PostSubject: re: 7 gallon propane tank   rocket - 7gallon propane tank rocket - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 6:03 pm

ok just tried a new basket with a 2 inch hole in the bottom it works but not as much heat at the top of tank and i got no smoke out the exhaust on the old the old basket i was getting lots of heat and sometimes black smoke out of exhaust pulled the fuel lid back one inch and got still lot of heat and no smoke i will try a vent thru the fuel lid to the combustion chamber that should fix the problem i hope thanks guys and made a tee with a cleanout it seems to work good for the exhaust
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 7gallon propane tank rocket   rocket - 7gallon propane tank rocket - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

7gallon propane tank rocket
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3