The Rocket Woodstove Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Rocket Woodstove Forum

Woodstove development using rocketstove technology

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

new rocket stove mass heater (and an not successful old one)

Go down 
+7
2ndburn
ppotty1 Admin
Bezman
ievolve
T2H
caotropheus
aravaron
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Bezman

Bezman

new rocket stove mass heater (and an not successful old one) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new rocket stove mass heater (and an not successful old one)   new rocket stove mass heater (and an not successful old one) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 3:56 am

Oh yes, now this is beginning to look very nice, VERY NICE indeed.

Looking forward to seeing the final product!

Good job, and thanks for sharing.

Bezman
Back to top Go down
caotropheus
Subscribers
Subscribers

PostSubject: Re: new rocket stove mass heater (and an not successful old one)   new rocket stove mass heater (and an not successful old one) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 5:22 am

aravaron

The project is becoming great. I suggest you design your air controls to be air tight when you close them. It will give you much better control of the stove heat output.

Looking forward to see the stove working.
Back to top Go down
aravaron

PostSubject: Re: new rocket stove mass heater (and an not successful old one)   new rocket stove mass heater (and an not successful old one) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 5:57 am

ok thanks Caot!
Back to top Go down
aravaron

PostSubject: Re: new rocket stove mass heater (and an not successful old one)   new rocket stove mass heater (and an not successful old one) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 5:59 am

what do you think about the glass touching the steel? i heard that if the steel is hot and touch the glass- it will break the glass eventually
Back to top Go down
Bezman

Bezman

PostSubject: Re: new rocket stove mass heater (and an not successful old one)   new rocket stove mass heater (and an not successful old one) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 7:58 am

Why risk it? When Fire rope / tape is relatively inexpensive I would use that to ensure that metal on glass wasn't an option. You have gone to so much effort for everything else I would go the whole 9 yards if I were you.

Bezman
Back to top Go down
ppotty1 Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: new rocket stove mass heater (and an not successful old one)   new rocket stove mass heater (and an not successful old one) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 8:48 am

I think you will find the glass will crack on that middle bolt, you should have at least 2 fixings on each side not 1. Ideally take all the brackets off and fit the frame you made with door seal rope against the glass, you will be glad you did.
Back to top Go down
https://woodstoves.forumotion.co.uk
aravaron

PostSubject: Re: new rocket stove mass heater (and an not successful old one)   new rocket stove mass heater (and an not successful old one) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 9:37 pm

ok. listened to you guys, i changed the glass fitting now its fits perfectly. no touch steel-glass . only rope-glass-rope. look amazing.
made a handle for the door - many thanks to trying2hard on his idea of closing the door. i follow his idea and the door is fits exactly on frame door close tight and easy.

new rocket stove mass heater (and an not successful old one) - Page 2 2014-01-09%2010.18.38
thanks to Loz and  Bezman - you gave me the ambition to set the door on the best way possible.

now working on the primary and secondary air intakes-
take a look

new rocket stove mass heater (and an not successful old one) - Page 2 2014-01-10%2011.29.06

i created a tunnel and it will sits on the inside of the frame door like this

new rocket stove mass heater (and an not successful old one) - Page 2 2014-01-10%2011.29.40

i'll drill holes on the outside of the frame and make a door to control them.
ppoty- on your last video you said the you gonna make some calculation about the holes of the air intake, what did you intended to calculate?  i ask this because im  not sure how many holes or what size they should be.

anyway- air will come through this holes into the tunnel, go up- because i made this tunnel an upside down U- and i'll drill holes in the tunnel on the glass side to make the air wash idea. now, i think that between the holes and the glass there is 4-4.5 cm - its not to far?, and last question- i'll make holes only on the upper part of the tunnel which means- center part of each side and above. to let the air come from the upper part of the feed tube. what are you think about that?
Back to top Go down
aravaron

PostSubject: Re: new rocket stove mass heater (and an not successful old one)   new rocket stove mass heater (and an not successful old one) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 11:26 pm

does the secondary air intake should be controlled or can be open all time??
Back to top Go down
2ndburn

2ndburn

PostSubject: Re: new rocket stove mass heater (and an not successful old one)   new rocket stove mass heater (and an not successful old one) - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 3:43 am

Hi aravaron,
                 Maybe it's best to have control, for starting/lighting the fire when the flue is cold, and safety reasons if you needed to shut down the fire you would want to close off all the air flow.
Back to top Go down
aravaron

PostSubject: Re: new rocket stove mass heater (and an not successful old one)   new rocket stove mass heater (and an not successful old one) - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 4:02 am

you right man.
Back to top Go down
2ndburn

2ndburn

PostSubject: Re: new rocket stove mass heater (and an not successful old one)   new rocket stove mass heater (and an not successful old one) - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 4:10 am

aravaron wrote:
you right man.

:?:  Your pictures did not load  :(  
Back to top Go down
ievolve

PostSubject: Re: new rocket stove mass heater (and an not successful old one)   new rocket stove mass heater (and an not successful old one) - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 9:18 am

Pictures were missing for me as well, can you re-post?
Back to top Go down
aravaron

PostSubject: Re: new rocket stove mass heater (and an not successful old one)   new rocket stove mass heater (and an not successful old one) - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 3:54 pm

aravaron wrote:

new rocket stove mass heater (and an not successful old one) - Page 2 2014-01-09%2010.18.38

now working on the primary and secondary air intakes-
take a look

new rocket stove mass heater (and an not successful old one) - Page 2 2014-01-10%2011.29.06

i created a tunnel and it will sits on the inside of the frame door like this

new rocket stove mass heater (and an not successful old one) - Page 2 2014-01-10%2011.29.40

Back to top Go down
caotropheus
Subscribers
Subscribers

PostSubject: Re: new rocket stove mass heater (and an not successful old one)   new rocket stove mass heater (and an not successful old one) - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 4:30 pm

aravaron

I cannot see the pictures as well. Probably you can lodge the pictures somewhere else like in imgur.com
Back to top Go down
aravaron

PostSubject: Re: new rocket stove mass heater (and an not successful old one)   new rocket stove mass heater (and an not successful old one) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 3:55 am

tomorrow i will load my photos as i had very much progress today. worked on my rocket stove all day!
added the primary & secondary air systems, +pretty air tight doors, and forgot to take pictures.. but i can sure you its looking great:)
post soon.....
Back to top Go down
aravaron

PostSubject: Re: new rocket stove mass heater (and an not successful old one)   new rocket stove mass heater (and an not successful old one) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 3:31 pm

new rocket stove mass heater (and an not successful old one) - Page 2 2014-01-12%2013.14.15

can anyone see this?
Back to top Go down
aravaron

PostSubject: Re: new rocket stove mass heater (and an not successful old one)   new rocket stove mass heater (and an not successful old one) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 4:26 pm

ok so i finish all the main systems of the rocket, added the primary /secondary air intake, doors to control them and attached all together. today is the first test after all my work ! ill make a video when start the fire. wishnme luck.

here some measurements and full view of the RS

things yet been done- legs , weld the firebox to heat exchanger air tight, color, and basically i think thas it!
please share your thoughts .
Back to top Go down
aravaron

PostSubject: Re: new rocket stove mass heater (and an not successful old one)   new rocket stove mass heater (and an not successful old one) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 4:59 pm

and chimney...
Back to top Go down
2ndburn

2ndburn

PostSubject: Re: new rocket stove mass heater (and an not successful old one)   new rocket stove mass heater (and an not successful old one) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 7:45 pm

Hi aravaron,
It's looking Good. But i think you will require loads more primary air, ..If the hot coals touch the glass it will prob crack it! ..will you be putting a seal around the door? looking forward to the burn.
Back to top Go down
caotropheus
Subscribers
Subscribers

PostSubject: Re: new rocket stove mass heater (and an not successful old one)   new rocket stove mass heater (and an not successful old one) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 9:53 pm

That is a mighty stove! I like a lot the primary air dispenser. If the air dispenser works ok and the glass will remain clean, I will copy your patent! hopefully this stove will burn very hot!

Just fire it and show us the results.
Back to top Go down
aravaron

PostSubject: Re: new rocket stove mass heater (and an not successful old one)   new rocket stove mass heater (and an not successful old one) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 3:12 am

i fired the stove, you right 2ndburn  there is not enough air intake. so im going to open more holes towards the glass and on the frame. there was many smoke coming out from the riser when i light up the fire but after few min it fired mostly clean. i played with the main door to let more air inside and smoke come out through the door.
after few min when the system got hot enough, it burned pretty clean but with door little bit open- which means - not enough air intake. and i feel that its was not strong  enough. the draft not strong, the fire is not long enough to get to the vortex fins.

take alook

after this burn i added more holes to the in&out primary air and made them bigger and light up the fire. i did it for 4 time. each time more holes and more big. still not enough air. everytime i close the door "air tight" the fire is dead.
finally i decided to open big holes in the income air. i open one big entrance each side of the frame. i light up the fire and still- not enough.- i need to open also on the outgoing the same size holes which i made on the income.

does anybody know how much air does this system needs??
maybe the size of the square of the burn chamber? which in my RS is 15 cm which mean 15x15=225
or maybe just half of it? 112.5?
Back to top Go down
Josjor

PostSubject: Re: new rocket stove mass heater (and an not successful old one)   new rocket stove mass heater (and an not successful old one) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 3:16 am

I would make it the 225 with an adjustment to go smaller. One thing about air intakes: It's a lot easier to make a big one that's adjustable to be smaller than a small one that can't get bigger. If that makes sense. Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
2ndburn

2ndburn

PostSubject: Re: new rocket stove mass heater (and an not successful old one)   new rocket stove mass heater (and an not successful old one) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 4:00 am

Hi avavaron,
You're almost there.. Put more holes in the glass wash angle iron about 10mm all the way to the bottom of the glass, and the two air intakes need to be opened up as big as you can make them, also I think you need to make a grate so air can pass under the fire. and remember if the hot coals fall onto the glass the temperature will be different and will probably crack the glass !!.. when the riser is hot open your secondary air .. it's looking very good well done!
Back to top Go down
aravaron

PostSubject: Re: new rocket stove mass heater (and an not successful old one)   new rocket stove mass heater (and an not successful old one) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 4:16 am

if hot coals touch the glass, it will crack the glass??
Back to top Go down
2ndburn

2ndburn

PostSubject: Re: new rocket stove mass heater (and an not successful old one)   new rocket stove mass heater (and an not successful old one) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 4:37 am

aravaron wrote:
if hot coals touch the glass, it will crack the glass??

Hi ..Yes if you put direct heat on the glass it will crack. :affraid: Maybe another member in the forum can confirm this?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: new rocket stove mass heater (and an not successful old one)   new rocket stove mass heater (and an not successful old one) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

new rocket stove mass heater (and an not successful old one)
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next