The Rocket Woodstove Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Rocket Woodstove Forum

Woodstove development using rocketstove technology

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hello From South Dakota

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
John Holmes

Hello From South Dakota Empty
PostSubject: Hello From South Dakota   Hello From South Dakota EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 12:51 pm

Hello all. I'm a rocket stove junkie and I don't even have one yet. I think about them all the time and have a bunch of ideas in my head. I've been inspired by many on Youtube including, ppotty, Kevin Bacon, Catropheus, Tryingtohard, and Pekka Leskela. There are many others but these are my favorites. I currently have a 4 foot piece of 8 inch stainless pipe for my first project's burn chamber and riser. It's gonna be minus 22f tonight so I wish I had it made already. I need some more parts and have to coordinate with my welder, but hope to have it done soon and will try to have the build on youtube.
Back to top Go down
caotropheus
Subscribers
Subscribers

PostSubject: Re: Hello From South Dakota   Hello From South Dakota EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 2:59 pm

Welcome to the forum John. Looking forward to see your projects.
Back to top Go down
ppotty1 Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hello From South Dakota   Hello From South Dakota EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 9:39 pm

Hi John, nice to have you here, 8" stainless riser...wow that should really punch out some serious heat you should be able to have a decent sized firebox with that too. It will need doors and air restriction but something 12"x12"x 18" would be doable. try to match the flue size with the riser as well 7" ducting pipe would probably be enough.
Back to top Go down
https://woodstoves.forumotion.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello From South Dakota   Hello From South Dakota Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello From South Dakota
Page 1 of 1