The Rocket Woodstove Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Rocket Woodstove Forum

Woodstove development using rocketstove technology

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hello From North Dakota

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Hello From North Dakota Empty
PostSubject: Hello From North Dakota   Hello From North Dakota EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 2:22 pm

Hello All ! I am Darin from North Dakota and a Newbie to your Forum. I have been heating with wood and Lignite Coal my whole life.I have been a stove builder and enthusiast for many years, and I enjoy visiting with like minded people. I have been spending a lot of time researching and watching You Tube videos on Rocket Stove/Heaters. I am gearing up for my next build, A Turbo Rocket Stove Heater for my shop.I am going to incorporate a used oil drip system to help compensate for the low BTU's from the North Dakota Lignite Coal. I am very much looking forward to chatting with other Rocket Stove enthusiasts and brain storming some of my Crazy ideas with a used oil drip system.
Back to top Go down
caotropheus
Subscribers
Subscribers

PostSubject: Re: Hello From North Dakota   Hello From North Dakota EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 2:49 pm

Welcome to the forum dkwelder. If you have pictures and videos of the stoves you built, please show us. If you would like to chat "chat", please drop by the chat, often I am there...alone...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello From North Dakota   Hello From North Dakota EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 8:36 pm

Thank you, I am very much looking forward to being an active member to the Forum. My PC and Internet skills are not very good and I will do my best to try and post some pics. I very much enjoyed every ones You Tube videos and Rocket Stove info. and I will be looking for you in the chat room.
Back to top Go down
ppotty1 Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hello From North Dakota   Hello From North Dakota EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 9:43 pm

Hello Darin, and Welcome. I did some research into waste oil burners a few yrs ago, saw one guy who had the stove body glowing cherry red from a pre heated drip system. Great results if you get the right build.
Back to top Go down
https://woodstoves.forumotion.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Hello From North Dakota   Hello From North Dakota EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 10:52 pm

The right build ? My many years of trying and I am still trying for the right build ! lol I have spent a good amount of time messing around with factory built waste oil burners. They have come a long way, but in my opinion, they still need to keep going. The maintenance is unreal, the dependability as a primary source of heat ? I feel is not a wise choice. The best I have ever seen them things run, is on straight diesel. Then your back to the cost so why not burn LPG ? Drip oil systems have there down falls, but I am thinking the Rocket Stove design might be what I have been missing ?
Back to top Go down
caotropheus
Subscribers
Subscribers

PostSubject: Re: Hello From North Dakota   Hello From North Dakota EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 11:09 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello From North Dakota   Hello From North Dakota EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 11:37 pm

Thanks for the video link caotropheus. I just recently done some long over due maintenance to my PC and I just discovered I have no audio to hear the video. I will have to take a look at it a little later when I get that problem fixed. Thanks again
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello From North Dakota   Hello From North Dakota Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello From North Dakota
Page 1 of 1