The Rocket Woodstove Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Rocket Woodstove Forum

Woodstove development using rocketstove technology

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

fire extinguisher rocket burner

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
gadily

fire - fire extinguisher rocket burner  Empty
PostSubject: fire extinguisher rocket burner    fire - fire extinguisher rocket burner  EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 5:53 am

just built this up today made from 2 x 6" fire extinguishers and 4" x 2mm wall stainless steel vortex pipe and 120mm x 120mm x 3mm wall ss box section

using t2h and ppottys builds, combining them both to give short run ( 4 1/2" ) to vortex tube but also plenty to stack inside and save on the filling times ( burn box 9" length x 9" ) height may need adjusting

total length 15" x 7 5/8" burn box 9"
fire - fire extinguisher rocket burner  20140610

burn box width is 7 5/8" x 9" high and 9" long at the moment
fire - fire extinguisher rocket burner  20140611

fire - fire extinguisher rocket burner  20140612

as you can see im well on with it just got other things to do to finish off then up for testing of it

however im wondering if 9" is going to give me same problem like before im hoping the shorter pipe to vortex may stop the back flow

Last edited by gadily on Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
gadily

PostSubject: Re: fire extinguisher rocket burner    fire - fire extinguisher rocket burner  EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 5:05 am

made up secondary air pipe everything is ready for welding on

exhaust cut out and tacked on 3" square hole cut out exhaust is 5" made from another fire extinguisher 5"

fire - fire extinguisher rocket burner  20140614

rear view as can be seen i want to use the hooks on the extinguishers to hang it on wall
fire - fire extinguisher rocket burner  20140615

gives a good view on sizes the stainless steel is 4" by 19" high top gap is 1 1/2" can be trimed to an 1" gap

the gaps between ss pipe and wall are 1 1/4 at sides and 2" at front

fire - fire extinguisher rocket burner  20140616

need header wrap now to complete before welding all up but can be pre tested to make sure works and is adequate
Back to top Go down
caotropheus
Subscribers
Subscribers

PostSubject: Re: fire extinguisher rocket burner    fire - fire extinguisher rocket burner  EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 1:59 pm

We just need to see the stove working, right?
Back to top Go down
gadily

PostSubject: Re: fire extinguisher rocket burner    fire - fire extinguisher rocket burner  EmptyWed Jun 25, 2014 8:46 am

yes your right changed this as failed in design should have known better gone back to long burn chamber intend to make it burn wood or an insert to burn pellets

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ovu4pujg3b9jtwm/20140624_220027.mp4

the thing gets red hot for something so small and thats without the heat wrap on it as not instaled on it as of yet
Back to top Go down
T2H
Admin
T2H

PostSubject: Re: fire extinguisher rocket burner    fire - fire extinguisher rocket burner  EmptyFri Jun 27, 2014 2:57 am

I am glad to see you set the inner updraft tube off to the side.
I think this makes more sense as opposed to setting it in the center because it will pull the exhaust to one side anyway, the side that the chimney that is on.

I found that by setting the updraft tube in this manner in my second stove build which was done by sheer necessity increased the overall heat production of the stove.

More heat appeared to be transferred more evenly, now why this seems to be the case I have no idea.
You are really doing some very cool builds Gadily.
Thanks for sharing your work.
Back to top Go down
gadily

PostSubject: Re: fire extinguisher rocket burner    fire - fire extinguisher rocket burner  EmptyFri Jun 27, 2014 8:30 pm

the answer is within the draft of the system better draft produces more heat

if set in the middle and the exit hole set in the middle then the system has to go down 4 sides which means 2 ways for the exhaust to exit
being offset the system is only taking exhaust from one place all at the front so in effect being offset creates a much better drafting of the system
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: fire extinguisher rocket burner    fire - fire extinguisher rocket burner  Empty

Back to top Go down

fire extinguisher rocket burner
Page 1 of 1