The Rocket Woodstove Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Rocket Woodstove Forum

Woodstove development using rocketstove technology

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Effient wall tent stove

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Northern

stove - Effient wall tent stove Empty
PostSubject: Effient wall tent stove   stove - Effient wall tent stove EmptyThu Nov 20, 2014 5:55 am

Hello there, I am going to be building a small stove for winter use in a wall tent. After reviewing lots of stoves online very few even have a baffle preventing all the heat from going straight up the pipe. Weight isn't too much of a concern as it will be transported by snowmobile.  I ran across the following picture and I think this would be a good design in a smaller version. I see reference to tent stoves on the forum and was wondering if anyone has built one? Thanks, Jon

stove - Effient wall tent stove Imagejpg1_zpsa88b8c2e
Back to top Go down
Hitchhiker

PostSubject: Re: Effient wall tent stove   stove - Effient wall tent stove EmptyThu Nov 20, 2014 9:14 am

What is the purpose of the baffle and flap?
Back to top Go down
gadily

PostSubject: Re: Effient wall tent stove   stove - Effient wall tent stove EmptyThu Nov 20, 2014 10:01 am

to be honest id build the dyno v stove as only 17" across x 6" high and uses the latest technology as well

from my own testings of it its great small footprint for just heating but i believe you could also cook upon it

interesting design on the above i presume the side baffle is so that you can cook upon it

the bypass flap i believe is for lighting and then allowing it to heat the chimney and then make it jump over vertical baffle and up the chimney
Back to top Go down
Northern

PostSubject: Re: Effient wall tent stove   stove - Effient wall tent stove EmptyThu Nov 20, 2014 10:38 am

I will have to take another look at the Dyno V, I had thought it was designed to be a pellet stove but I see now you made a wood fired one. Cool concept.
The builder of the above stove used it for heating / cooking in his cabin and the design proved good on fuel consumption. I use a similar stove to heat my house except the baffle is at the back.
Back to top Go down
caotropheus
Subscribers
Subscribers

PostSubject: Re: Effient wall tent stove   stove - Effient wall tent stove EmptyThu Nov 20, 2014 3:52 pm

Northern,

If you take the option for the design at the top, I suggest you insert a secondary air tube at the top of the baffle. This will increase output temperatures and reduce wood consumption.
Back to top Go down
T2H
Admin
T2H

PostSubject: Re: Effient wall tent stove   stove - Effient wall tent stove EmptySat Nov 22, 2014 3:14 am

Northern the Dyno V I designed and built will burn pellets or stick wood.

The pellet feed unbolts and a steel plate is bolted in its place so sticks can be used as fuel.

Back to top Go down
Northern

PostSubject: Re: Effient wall tent stove   stove - Effient wall tent stove EmptyThu Nov 27, 2014 3:03 am

Something like this for secondary air?

stove - Effient wall tent stove 958FA610-8E01-4230-8CDF-C5D555766500_zpsmpejw3vx
Back to top Go down
gadily

PostSubject: Re: Effient wall tent stove   stove - Effient wall tent stove EmptyThu Nov 27, 2014 8:05 am

id build it this way secondary air pipe up at back of system then along top of firebox and then a t bar just before it goes over the top of the baffle plate so that it mixes with the fire going over the top of the baffle plate but has to be just short of the baffle plate at a desired length

something like this

stove - Effient wall tent stove Tent_b10

also id lower the side plate as well below the baffle plate
Back to top Go down
Northern

PostSubject: Re: Effient wall tent stove   stove - Effient wall tent stove EmptyThu Nov 27, 2014 9:29 am

Hmmm ok something like this maybe?

stove - Effient wall tent stove 2531377A-843C-4C95-8968-84A6B096AD72_zps4nwvpjxd
Back to top Go down
caotropheus
Subscribers
Subscribers

PostSubject: Re: Effient wall tent stove   stove - Effient wall tent stove EmptyThu Nov 27, 2014 2:45 pm

Yes, something with tubing "travelling" inside the firebox like in the red (last drawing) but secondary air exit "sitting" on top of the vertical baffle, like in the yellow drawing.
Back to top Go down
Northern

PostSubject: Re: Effient wall tent stove   stove - Effient wall tent stove EmptyThu Nov 27, 2014 3:16 pm

For secondary air do you need a inlet cover or is it always open?  It's suposed to get down into the - 30s here so I may just get started on working on this. I have accumulated a fair amount of steel might have to build a couple lol. I imagine half inch pipe is big enough for secondary air tube? Thanks for the input.

stove - Effient wall tent stove C21FA940-40A2-4086-9DB1-94E17166FB4D_zpszeczjimo
Back to top Go down
gadily

PostSubject: Re: Effient wall tent stove   stove - Effient wall tent stove EmptyFri Nov 28, 2014 6:45 am

if you are going to use a secondary burn tube the more heat it gets the better using it inside heats it quickly but also if you had a pipe underneath it as well

take a good luck at the dyno v t2h uses secondary burn and i use a longer one heated in 2 places

https://woodstoves.forumotion.co.uk/t326-dyno-v-stove-update

it has been discused on the usage of a longer secondary burn pipe being used to get more heat from it with the air ive used it by heating on the front panel first before entering the burnbox

another type of tent burner

https://woodstoves.forumotion.co.uk/t130-tent-burner#3861
Back to top Go down
caotropheus
Subscribers
Subscribers

PostSubject: Re: Effient wall tent stove   stove - Effient wall tent stove EmptyFri Nov 28, 2014 2:28 pm

Like I said before, the "red" drawing concept seems to fit better for secondary air dispenser. You can use the half inch pipe and exit holes 3.5 mm.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Effient wall tent stove   stove - Effient wall tent stove Empty

Back to top Go down

Effient wall tent stove
Page 1 of 1